Sign in to follow this  
Kingfisher

Anyone ever have a fish disappear for weeks and then reappear like nothing ever happened?

My firefish disappeared weeks ago, I'm not even sure how long, maybe over a month and then just this evening came out from a Rock while I was feeding. It's only a 40gal tank too so there's not that many places to hide. I'm happy to have him back but pretty surprised lol.🤔

20180911_195842.jpg

• Like 3

Lol I haven’t had one reappear on its own, always found in the overflow after few days. Glad the hellfrichi came back nice looking fish. Dustin 

• Like 1

I know that such a scenario is pretty common with wrasses. Those fish will sometimes bury themselves in the sand for a couple weeks when they are brand new to a tank.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

I know that such a scenario is pretty common with wrasses. Those fish will sometimes bury themselves in the sand for a couple weeks when they are brand new to a tank.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep - had one disappear for well over a month only to pop up again one day after I had given up hope.  

Yellow watchman goby.  Gone for a year, showed up in sump last week!

Such a nice surprise, congrats!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I bought a tank raised mandarin and put it in my tank months ago. I've seen it about once a month and it's growing. I had pretty much given up on it after the first month.

• Like 2

I've had fish hide for various periods, but the details are fuzzy since it hasn't happened in a long time.  However, my pompom crab continues to do it regularly; they hide a lot, in general, but mine has no nems and is extra secretive due to being without a defense (although he had picked up a maxi mini nem baby last time I saw him). His most recent hiding period lasted about a year, and I was sure he was a goner, then poof, he appeared as if by magic!

Had a firefish go missing for about a month...then i found it trapped in the back compartment of the tank...unfortunately it had gone blind while stuck in the back chamber. It was three black walls with no light...sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1