WTB: ~200 gallon glass tank

kilmca

Tank has been gone since February but now i'm looking to replace it.  Looking for something in the 200 gallon range but has to be glass.  Starfire preferred but i'll consider regular glass if the tank has the right dimensions.  Preferred minimum length = 72", minimum width = 24" and maximum height = 24".  TIA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kilmca said:

Tank has been gone since February but now i'm looking to replace it.  Looking for something in the 200 gallon range but has to be glass.  Starfire preferred but i'll consider regular glass if the tank has the right dimensions.  Preferred minimum length = 72", minimum width = 24" and maximum height = 24".  TIA

I was wondering how things were going for you Calvin - was a bummer to see your tank come down but it seems like it went to a good home.  Are you going to do an in wall build with the new one in the same spot?  Sounds like a standard footprint 180 might just work for those dimensions... seen a few around here in recent memory.

10 hours ago, R-3 said:

Its a little taller but @Ron still has the 300 Deep Dimension!

yeah this one is on my radar but a little taller, wide and more gallons than i want.  still an option though.    

10 hours ago, Ron said:

Thanks R-3 but I'm gonna hold onto it unless someone coughs up $1250 :) 

it's not the $1250 that is keeping me from buying this.  i'm looking for a tank that is 24" wide because i want to move the sump from below the current stand and put it behind the tank for easier access/maintenance.  the sump i have is 24" wide and will extend into the fish room too much behind a 36" wide tank.  

9 hours ago, albertareef said:

I was wondering how things were going for you Calvin - was a bummer to see your tank come down but it seems like it went to a good home.  Are you going to do an in wall build with the new one in the same spot?  Sounds like a standard footprint 180 might just work for those dimensions... seen a few around here in recent memory.

yeah it was sad to see that tank go.  new tank will go in the same spot but obviously it will be shorter.  plan on making the seating areas on each side of the tank larger and maybe incorporating some book cases into those areas since they will both grow by 2'.  Upscales has a used 210 gallon Oceanic tank with 3/4" starfire glass that would be great but it's 29" tall so that's what is stopping me from buying that tank.  I can get a standard Aqueon 180 with the built in overflows for $860 from the local fish store in Oregon City but was hoping to find something with starfire glass.   

8 hours ago, Jorge said:

Sounds like a reefer 750. I think Ron has one of those too!

i like the Red Sea tanks but don't need the stand or sump since i have those.  Also they are pretty pricey.  I have pricing from Custom Aquariums on a few different size tanks but i don't want to spend $3k to $4k for my next tank.  i'm want to spend around $1k for my next tank.  Ron's 300, Upscales's 210 and the Aqueon 180 all come in that price range but wanted to see if there was anything else out there.      

11 hours ago, Jorge said:

Sounds like a reefer 750. I think Ron has one of those too!

Brand new never had water in it  😊

2 hours ago, kilmca said:

yeah this one is on my radar but a little taller, wide and more gallons than i want.  still an option though.    

it's not the $1250 that is keeping me from buying this.  i'm looking for a tank that is 24" wide because i want to move the sump from below the current stand and put it behind the tank for easier access/maintenance.  the sump i have is 24" wide and will extend into the fish room too much behind a 36" wide tank.  

yeah it was sad to see that tank go.  new tank will go in the same spot but obviously it will be shorter.  plan on making the seating areas on each side of the tank larger and maybe incorporating some book cases into those areas since they will both grow by 2'.  Upscales has a used 210 gallon Oceanic tank with 3/4" starfire glass that would be great but it's 29" tall so that's what is stopping me from buying that tank.  I can get a standard Aqueon 180 with the built in overflows for $860 from the local fish store in Oregon City but was hoping to find something with starfire glass.   

i like the Red Sea tanks but don't need the stand or sump since i have those.  Also they are pretty pricey.  I have pricing from Custom Aquariums on a few different size tanks but i don't want to spend $3k to $4k for my next tank.  i'm want to spend around $1k for my next tank.  Ron's 300, Upscales's 210 and the Aqueon 180 all come in that price range but wanted to see if there was anything else out there.      

I have the 210 Aqueon as well but fresh out of 180s...

3 hours ago, JimmyK said:

I saw a used 210 for sale at Upscales yesterday.... might be worth checking out...

yeah, the 29" height is what i don't like about the 210 gallon tanks.  

1 hour ago, Sailingeric said:

i saw that one too but i'd go with the 210 at upscales since it's starfire glass.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kilmca said:

yeah, the 29" height is what i don't like about the 210 gallon tanks.  

i saw that one too but i'd go with the 210 at upscales since it's starfire glass.  

The one at Upscales sounds pretty sweet as it's 3/4 inch Starfire.  Too bad the height doesn't line up.  

18 hours ago, albertareef said:

The one at Upscales sounds pretty sweet as it's 3/4 inch Starfire.  Too bad the height doesn't line up.  

i was thinking about doing a 6" deep sand bed to make the tank shorter but i've heard nightmares about deep sand beds going bad after a few years.   

The trick with deep sand beds is to change them out slowly  but I think there are things you could do if you really like the oceanic  ck with Jeff he may be able to get you a Red Sea without stand. I know they have sent out replacements without stands so maybe he has something laying around as well!