WTB. 50-75 Ethernet cable

The ReefBox

You can buy a crimper tool and plug ends at Lowes for probably $15 and make cables all day long. That's how I did mine. Tricky part is finding a diagram and getting the wire sequence right. Not too bad though and you can run the wire like you're running romex and just crimp at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to PCH Cables in Hillsboro (right next to the airport).  That place is like a candy store for cabling of all types, and the cheapest prices you will find anywhere.   A 75 foot cable will only cost $12.68, and they have 10 colors to choose from!  See https://www.pchcables.com/camoboetnepa.html 

(I'm a computer network engineer and have been buying cables at PCH for over 10 years.  I would never bother looking for cables elsewhere.)

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Willapa said:

You can buy a crimper tool and plug ends at Lowes for probably $15 and make cables all day long. That's how I did mine. Tricky part is finding a diagram and getting the wire sequence right. Not too bad though and you can run the wire like you're running romex and just crimp at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will keep this option in mind. Ty

9 minutes ago, River City Corals said:

I like it hardwired less parts to fail. I have the latest xfinity router and plenty of range just prefer wired 

I agree about going hardwired.  Most people don't realize how much wireless connectivity is impacted by other wireless users and interference from devices like microwave ovens and electric motors.  It would be interesting to see a study on how much return pumps and dosing pumps within near proximity to the Apex can impact wireless connections.  A hard wired connection gives guaranteed bandwidth and no risk of RF interference.

9 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Cheapest you will find is here

You won't be able to purchase the endcaps, crimps and wire for that cheap at $7.55 for 50 ft or $10.55 for 75 ft

But the $7.99 shipping cost still makes Monoprice.com more expensive than picking up locally at PCH Cables in Hillsboro.  75 ft Cat 5e for $12.68 at PCH.

(I'm not associated with PCH. I'm just a frequent buyer beacuse they have a great selection at great prices.)

9 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

But the $7.99 shipping cost still makes Monoprice.com more expensive than picking up locally at PCH Cables in Hillsboro.  75 ft Cat 5e for $12.68 at PCH.

(I'm not associated with PCH. I'm just a frequent buyer beacuse they have a great selection at great prices.)

Will they pin the jacks for me or do I have to do it myself