15 minutes - bye bye corraline

TheClark

Sounds like a song right?  Bye bye miss american coralline...

Just a random post to say, scrape your algae if you need to, it will feel allot better.

I designed a part to 3d print and place in a kent scraper. 

Here are the before and after results.  15 minutes of scraping!

BEFORE

6AC8AA94-CEA3-4E5F-BEBC-D778B3181E60.jpegB22A1762-177D-44C4-AF8B-4D7B215BDCB9.jpeg

AFTER

D570EF65-40B3-40EB-BED1-301831F28FF6.jpeg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, albertareef said:

Yeah - how long did that take to accumulate?  Looks like something I would do  - well, the neglecting, not the 3D printing.

Probably since my last post about scraping algae.  It happens so infrequently, I feel its worth a posting celebration!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I'm not convinced it works. perhaps you can come over and demonstrate on the back wall of my tank? :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can send you some of the blades, they just pop into a kent scraper :)

55 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Geez.  I let my corners/sandbed build up but I get annoyed when even brown film algae obstructs my view.  Tank looks great though!  This isn't your primary DT though, right?    

Ya, drives me nuts too, but everywhere a person looks there is something to do in life it seems!

My big issue with this tank is the bracing.  I swear its backwards, and there is a huge shelf on the front.  As a result, I have to darn near swim in it to scrape it.  Causes much procrastination.

Yes, this is my primary display, it is the 240 gallon 4x4x2 cube.

Cannot wait to get the 5x5x2 envision cube going, should be much easier to maintain!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheClark said:

Ya, drives me nuts too, but everywhere a person looks there is something to do in life it seems!

My big issue with this tank is the bracing.  I swear its backwards, and there is a huge shelf on the front.  As a result, I have to darn near swim in it to scrape it.  Causes much procrastination.

Yes, this is my primary display, it is the 240 gallon 4x4x2 cube.

Cannot wait to get the 5x5x2 envision cube going, should be much easier to maintain!

Well that should give you some motivation to get that bad boy up and running!  Of course, now that you have the magic scraper...

• Like 1