Quarantined fish for sale

pdxmonkeyboy

I decided I need to lower my bioload a bit so I am going to put a couple fish up on the block. 

The newest of the fish is around 4 months, the foxface I have had for over a year.  This fish went through a full quarantine period when I bought them but I recently got ich in display tank so they are all being treated with copper.   The have 20 days left of copper treatment.  one of the fish for sale had visible ich but you should probably wait until the copper treatment is done and that way you can confidently plop them in your tank. 

Adult one spot fox face.. probably 5" long.  Pretty chill fish and a voracious algae eater... also likes bubble algae $50

Adult melanarus wrasse.  Hasn't bothered my clams or my inverts from what I have seen.  $20

Pair of captive grown ORA ocellaris clowns.. one white and black, the other white and orange.  $50

Adult coloration Majestic angel.. captive raised, great eater.. BEAUTIFUL fish.  about 4" long.  Pair $150.  will take $130

Will post pictures if their is interest.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

yeah.. It is utterly ridiculous what i went through to get that majestic angel in the tank...

Of course I told my girlfriend... i have to rehome a couple fish.. "ok, which ones".
"wrassy"... no!!! i love wrassy.

ok, fine.. fox face.. he is a pig ..."no!! you have had him the longest, I love fox face!! (then she does this hands spread on her head fox face stance thing).

ok, well, the clowns then.... "what!, no! not the clowns" I love the clowns, they are small.

sigh.. well, I love the majestic angel, it is a beautiful fish but I am worried he is going to munch my new acans. "oh, you can get rid of him"

"thanks"....

As if she is the one testing nitrates, dosing carbon, and vacuuming the system to keep things in line.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Hmm, majestic huh.
How is its behavior with corals?
Also, what do you mean by pair $150?

edit: mb, got it, you meant “paid 150”
yeah ooops.. paid. I have not seen him pick at any of my corals. granted I have mostly sps and a couple frog spawns. I will throw in a frog spawn with fish purchase:)

jeff said "he is as reef safe as any other fish" but, Jeff says that about every single fish in the store. Strangely, he is in the business of selling fish.

I read that if they are used to eating tank food... i.e. pellets and LRS, then they will likely continue to do that. As this is a captive breed and raised fish, I would think that he is safer than most.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

yeah ooops.. paid. I have not seen him pick at any of my corals. granted I have mostly sps and a couple frog spawns. I will throw in a frog spawn with fish purchase:)

jeff said "he is as reef safe as any other fish" but, Jeff says that about every single fish in the store. Strangely, he is in the business of selling fish.

I read that if they are used to eating tank food... i.e. pellets and LRS, then they will likely continue to do that. As this is a captive breed and raised fish, I would think that he is safer than most.

Well - he would be fine in my tank at this point since I don’t have any coral left anyway. Seriously though,  seems like he might be a decent risk for someone interested in adding one since you at least have had a while to observe him in a reef environment. Whoever gets him might want to mimic your feeding pattern to be safe though. 

17 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I am very tempted, as I also was planning to pick up a frog spawn at some point.

My only dilemma is I am also currently quarantining, as I somehow got velvet and... ouch. Enough said 😞

Anyway, if it’s not gone in two weeks or so, and my current fish stock is still doing ok in the hospital tank, I might consider adding him to a different tank separate from them until my fallow period is over.

Edited by LadAShark

4 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

here he is. and wrassy on the left988d52cef79ea5af95c7fb04263d9780.jpg51e510b5f68c074e22275848c4ff1e1f.jpg

Wow good looking fella indeed.

You’re treating just ich right? Why don’t you use the tank transfer method?

Edited by LadAShark

Wow good looking fella indeed.

You’re treating just ich right? Why don’t you use the tank transfer method?
I would love to use the tank transfer method but I am currently treating the following for ich:

orange clown
black clown
nine lyretail anthias
midas blenny
tail spot blenny
foxface
majestic angel
adult Achilles
adult blonde naso
adult hippo tang
small scopas
adult sohal
flame hawkfish
two cardinal fish
adult desjardini tang

so that is a LOT of transfering.. and a mega amount of saltwater.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I would love to use the tank transfer method but I am currently treating the following for ich:

orange clown
black clown
nine lyretail anthias
midas blenny
tail spot blenny
foxface
majestic angel
adult Achilles
adult blonde naso
adult hippo tang
small scopas
adult sohal
flame hawkfish
two cardinal fish
adult desjardini tang

so that is a LOT of transfering.. and a mega amount of saltwater.

Oh wow. That’s an insane stocking list, how big is your tank to fit so many creatures? Haha.

but yeah, I guess TTM is not so practical when you have that many fish to treat. How big is your hospital tank?

Well if you look into it and find out what temperature ich dies at, you could theoretically boil the ich out of the saltwater, and reuse the then sterile water. Worth it? I don’t know, but doable if you have the right equipment and time.

But yeah, understandable why you are just treating with copper.

I guess I’ll stick around and think on your majestic angel.

Edited by LadAShark

56 minutes ago, LadAShark said:

Oh wow. That’s an insane stocking list, how big is your tank to fit so many creatures? Haha.

but yeah, I guess TTM is not so practical when you have that many fish to treat. How big is your hospital tank?

Well if you look into it and find out what temperature ich dies at, you could theoretically boil the ich out of the saltwater, and reuse the then sterile water. Worth it? I don’t know, but doable if you have the right equipment and time.

But yeah, understandable why you are just treating with copper.

I guess I’ll stick around and think on your majestic angel.

It's more like a hospital pond really...

• Like 1

But I get so much enjoyment from having my DT split up into a 200 gallon white tote and a 40 gallon breeder... at least I don't have to put together the scape in my DT. oh wait, yes I do.

Boil the tank... that is a good one. I guess it would be feasible to boil 350 gallons of seawater. Not so sure the sps would agree but that would make a great post on R2R.

"I boiled my tank and my sps are white...please help"

sharklover expressed interest in foxface. someone replied about the wrasse and never replied back.

At this point they have been in copper long enough that they are safe to transfer to an ich free home...

On 8/21/2018 at 10:36 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

But I get so much enjoyment from having my DT split up into a 200 gallon white tote and a 40 gallon breeder... at least I don't have to put together the scape in my DT. oh wait, yes I do.

Boil the tank... that is a good one. I guess it would be feasible to boil 350 gallons of seawater. Not so sure the sps would agree but that would make a great post on R2R.

"I boiled my tank and my sps are white...please help"

sharklover expressed interest in foxface. someone replied about the wrasse and never replied back.

At this point they have been in copper long enough that they are safe to transfer to an ich free home...

Ahaha. Yeah you’d want to move all the coral out of course, keep them in another tank that undergoes the fallow as you essentially sterilize your current one. More of a pain to do and potentially not worth it.

I am contemplating your angel, buuuut, not sure as it could be an LPS eater and my tank is lps dominant. Hmm. I’ll get back to you on that. I still haven’t had the time to make my mind up.