Quick Apex question

CrazyInside

I’m trying to set my gyre 230 to be on for 20 minuets, then off for 10 min, on for 20, off for 10, and so on. Just want to give the fish a 10 min break every 20 min to swim freely. 

Tried following a guide and this is what I came up with. Is it right?

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 000:00/020:00/010:00 Then OFF

Yes, your OSC command will run it for 20 minutes on then 10 minutes off and repeat.

Question:  Do you have the Gyre power plugged directly into an EnergyBar outlet, or is the Gyre being controlled by an IceCap module attached to your Apex?  If you're using the IceCap module, then you'd be able to control the Gyre speed in addition to on/off, and could avoid using the OSC command.  I have mine connected via IceCap and just use several profiles throughout the day to ramp up, pulse, and ramp down at night.

Edited by SuncrestReef

48 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Yes, your OSC command will run it for 20 minutes on then 10 minutes off and repeat.

Question:  Do you have the Gyre power plugged directly into an EnergyBar outlet, or is the Gyre being controlled by an IceCap module attached to your Apex?  If you're using the IceCap module, then you'd be able to control the Gyre speed in addition to on/off, and could avoid using the OSC command.  I have mine connected via IceCap and just use several profiles throughout the day to ramp up, pulse, and ramp down at night.

I do have it connected to the gyre controller, I have it on a weird random flow setting that cycles between random flows of -50 to +40. That controller is nightmare to use so if the simple one line code works to turn it off for 10 min then that is good enough for me haha. 

Thank you for the reply!

Edited by CrazyInside
  • Like 1