3d Printable Nori Clip

TheClark

Latest build.

This one uses an internal, replaceable clip.  No attachment methods yet...  I am using it, it is a very strong clip.

08gqeoE.png

Here is half of the clip, showing the spring placement.  The jaws have some teeth to help hold the nori, yet they close flush.

N3kk9XZ.png

kVcnpWo.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a random update.  Back to the drawing board, the clip still is losing flexibility after a couple of weeks.  Will enjoy coming up with some alternatives :)  Thank you all for the brainstorms, I plan to print a bunch and give them away to all who helped!

• Like 1

hey Jeremy, what if you didn't print everything out of plastic and used rubber (which wont loose elasticity) for the spring?

I was thinking a hinged clip that would stay closed due to a simple rubber bushing squeezed in a hole. Think a standard clothes pin with a rubber rubber grommet in between the handles that you pinch to open it

when you want to open the clip you would be squeezing the grommet and deforming it but it would always bounce back into place.

I hope this makes sense...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

hey Jeremy, what if you didn't print everything out of plastic and used rubber (which wont loose elasticity) for the spring?

I was thinking a hinged clip that would stay closed due to a simple rubber bushing squeezed in a hole. Think a standard clothes pin with a rubber rubber grommet in between the handles that you pinch to open it

when you want to open the clip you would be squeezing the grommet and deforming it but it would always bounce back into place.

I hope this makes sense...

I like it!  If you see any good grommets on amazon that look like what you are talking about, please send the link my way!

• Like 1

you know, I thought about it this morning. you could achieve the same thing by just putting a rubber grommet around both ends of the pinch side of the clip.

Cut a groove on each side of the clip and stretch the o-ring over the clip and slip it into the groove.

It would work just like a rubber band. home depot and hardware stores sell tons of o ring sizes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

At this production rate you should go to work for neptune.. LMAO

Ouch - have you been into the beer cooler again?  

I assume it’s because he has been doing more important things... like getting that monster tank sitting in his garage up and running 😀

I was completely joking!!  I have just been on this trash neptune kick lately because they can't seem to get the trident to market.  I mean, its only been a YEAR.  One guy can hire some people and get the alkatronic all sorted out, brought to market and sold out but yet neptune can't get a reliable source for titration tips??  

Anyways, 3d printers are super cool and this project is also cool.  If i had more time I would definitely be playing with one! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I was completely joking!!  I have just been on this trash neptune kick lately because they can't seem to get the trident to market.  I mean, its only been a YEAR.  One guy can hire some people and get the alkatronic all sorted out, brought to market and sold out but yet neptune can't get a reliable source for titration tips??  

Anyways, 3d printers are super cool and this project is also cool.  If i had more time I would definitely be playing with one! 

As was I... just felt like poking Jeremy about his unfinished tank project 😄

• Like 1