New additions in my Reefer XL 425

SuncrestReef

12 hours ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

I love this piece. Was a wild piece we have had for a while. I know there is a few frags out there of it, but u got the colony. Awesome. 

Pretty special for sure. 

It is nice. I think I have a frag of it. @CuttleFishandCoral didn't you think that it was some kind of efflo?

1 minute ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

looking great!! I just cut a bunch of zoa frags if you want some more color.
are you dosing or using a ca reactor?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks!  Yes, I'm pretty happy with how things are working out so far.  Just trying to keep things stable, not rushing to react to any problems, but keeping a close eye on everything.

I'm always up for more color, so let me know what you have to offer!

I'm just dosing BRS 2-part.  I started dosing in July to keep calcium at 420, alkalinity around 8.7, and magnesium at 1350.  I've thought about adding a calcium reactor, but my cabinet is pretty cramped for space and I really don't want exterior equipment, so for now I'm just going to stick with 2-part.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I've had an ongoing problem with green wire algae for a few months, and lately I've started seeing small outbreaks of green bubble algae.  Today I decided to add a couple emerald crabs to hopefully prevent the bubble algae from spreading.  I was happy to see they went right to work on the wire algae!  They haven't found the bubble algae yet, but hopefully will get around to it.  Even if they don't, it's so gratifying to watch them eat:

My Tailspot Blennie (which was my favorite fish) mysteriously died last week. It had no previous signs of any problems. My wife & I are both pretty sad about the loss, but we agreed we should get a new Blennie because they have so much personality.

I put our new Blennie in the quarantine tank, but hours later I couldn’t find it. It took a while, but I figured out his secret hiding place:

87b909b9671826998391577cf6bdb528.jpg

b137fbfe3c22190b3b550a3bda061ff5.jpg

I love these little guys!

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 2