New additions in my Reefer XL 425

SuncrestReef

1 hour ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

Your aquascape is really nice!

Thanks!  For the first couple of months the rock work was all I had to look at, so I'm glad I put some effort into it.  Now I'm just enjoying filling in all the empty space with new corals!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 4:41 PM, SuncrestReef said:

Can anyone help ID this next one?

IMG_3792.jpg

Don't know the name on it, but I got a frag of the same coral from Jeff a couple of months back.  It was the same olive green like yours with just the hint of purple on the tips.  This is what it is looking like now under 12k LED... my best guess is it is something similar to Paletta Tricolor but it is still growing into a different shape.  It is losing its finger-like shape and is starting to put out significant radial corallites.  The really light purple coloration that you see on the right hand side started developing within the last three weeks.  I have mine under ridiculous par, ymmv.  Please excuse crappy iphone pic.

IMG_5195.jpg

Edited by Krux

14 minutes ago, Krux said:

Don't know the name on it, but I got a frag of the same coral from Jeff a couple of months back.  It was the same olive green like yours with just the hint of purple on the tips.  This is what it is looking like now under 12k LED... my best guess is it is something similar to Paletta Tricolor but it is still growing into a different shape.  It is losing its finger-like shape and is starting to put out significant radial corallites.  The really light purple coloration that you see on the right hand side started developing within the last three weeks.  I have mine under ridiculous par, ymmv.  Please excuse crappy iphone pic.

IMG_5195.jpg

Wow, nice coloration!  Mine is also starting to show more purple and a hint of growth, but it's only been a few weeks.  I have mine near the top of my tank at 350 PAR.  What's your definition of "ridiculous" PAR?

• 2 weeks later...