SuncrestReef

New additions in my Reefer XL 425

Posted (edited)

Here's a quick video of my display tank.  This is a Reefer XL 425, about 3 months old.

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

Your aquascape is really nice!

Thanks!  For the first couple of months the rock work was all I had to look at, so I'm glad I put some effort into it.  Now I'm just enjoying filling in all the empty space with new corals!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, SuncrestReef said:

I added a nice Alveopora today:

IMG_3539.thumb.jpg.1f5f7dc59da5b6d4ca24bdf0447610af.jpg

I picked up a piece of this today from Cuddlefish. I wonder if it is from the same piece.

20180722_144921.jpg

Today I added a new goniopora from @CuttleFishandCoral to my tank.  Here are photos when I first added it and one hour later as it started to open up:

IMG_3728.thumb.jpg.25765de7db948bf784105e241d077bf5.jpg

IMG_3737.thumb.jpg.dc1d52c16005edf1e7c7e1310ecd84cb.jpg

I also made a time lapse video as it opened up, but there was also a lot of other activity taking place around it:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

I really love how this tank is coming together. Everything looks so healthy. love the time lapse. 

Thanks!  You guys have been very helpful.

Wow! Looks incredible sir!

• Like 1

Looks really nice!  Careful with that stunner, they get big and mean! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2018 at 4:41 PM, SuncrestReef said:

Can anyone help ID this next one?

IMG_3792.jpg

Don't know the name on it, but I got a frag of the same coral from Jeff a couple of months back.  It was the same olive green like yours with just the hint of purple on the tips.  This is what it is looking like now under 12k LED... my best guess is it is something similar to Paletta Tricolor but it is still growing into a different shape.  It is losing its finger-like shape and is starting to put out significant radial corallites.  The really light purple coloration that you see on the right hand side started developing within the last three weeks.  I have mine under ridiculous par, ymmv.  Please excuse crappy iphone pic.

IMG_5195.jpg

Edited by Krux

14 minutes ago, Krux said:

Don't know the name on it, but I got a frag of the same coral from Jeff a couple of months back.  It was the same olive green like yours with just the hint of purple on the tips.  This is what it is looking like now under 12k LED... my best guess is it is something similar to Paletta Tricolor but it is still growing into a different shape.  It is losing its finger-like shape and is starting to put out significant radial corallites.  The really light purple coloration that you see on the right hand side started developing within the last three weeks.  I have mine under ridiculous par, ymmv.  Please excuse crappy iphone pic.

IMG_5195.jpg

Wow, nice coloration!  Mine is also starting to show more purple and a hint of growth, but it's only been a few weeks.  I have mine near the top of my tank at 350 PAR.  What's your definition of "ridiculous" PAR?

Posted (edited)

I peak at around 600 par in my light cycle.  Looking back at my photos I got mine on 6/10 for reference.

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

I put the $50 gift certificate from All Things Aquarium @ATA Wilsonville that I won at the meeting raffle to good use:

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 6.35.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 6.35.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 6.51.50 PM.png

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 3