New to reefing -- Recently set up a Reefer XL 425

I'm new to the reefing hobby and new to this forum.  I've been posting since February at Reef2Reef to document my Reefer XL 425 build, but just recently discovered this local forum.  I live in Beaverton.

My tank has been operational for just over 6 weeks now.  Here's my current list of livestock:

• 2 Onyx Clownfish
  • 2 Blue Chromis
  • 1 Tailspot Blenny
  • 1 Yellow Watchman Goby
  • 1 Pistol Shrimp
  • 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
  • 5 Tiger Sand Conchs
  • 30 assorted snails
  • 10 hermit crabs

Corals:

• Rainbow Stylophora
  • Green Slimer
  • Candy Cane
  • Hammer
  • Duncan
  • Zoanthids
  • Montipora

I want to thank the guys over at @CuttleFishandCoral for their help in choosing my livestock. 😊

Clowns2.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

Edited by SuncrestReef
Tagging CuttleFishandCoral
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Very nice.  Why is your top-off reservoir purple?  

I converted the ATO reservoir into a refugium to grow Cheato.  The purple color is from the LED grow light.  For ATO I'm using the Neptune ATK and drawing RO/DI water from my mixing station storage tank in the garage.  I have 1/4" tubing running through the wall from my display tank to the garage for both ATO and automatic water changes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I converted the ATO reservoir into a refugium to grow Cheato.  The purple color is from the LED grow light.  For ATO I'm using the Neptune ATK and drawing RO/DI water from my mixing station storage tank in the garage.  I have 1/4" tubing running through the wall from my display tank to the garage for both ATO and automatic water changes.

Right on.  Very clean work on the sump and mixing station.  Your aquascape is really neat too.  Glad to have you aboard! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

how is this tank doing? I really like the scape

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking!  Since I first posted this introduction, I've started posting updates with lots of photos in a separate thread in the Gallery forum.  I've added a lot of new corals and my latest addition this week was a Maxima clam.  Tomorrow when the lights come on I will post an update full tank video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 9:59 AM, SuncrestReef said:

I'm new to the reefing hobby and new to this forum.  I've been posting since February at Reef2Reef to document my Reefer XL 425 build, but just recently discovered this local forum.  I live in Beaverton.

My tank has been operational for just over 6 weeks now.  Here's my current list of livestock:

• 2 Onyx Clownfish
  • 2 Blue Chromis
  • 1 Tailspot Blenny
  • 1 Yellow Watchman Goby
  • 1 Pistol Shrimp
  • 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
  • 5 Tiger Sand Conchs
  • 30 assorted snails
  • 10 hermit crabs

Corals:

• Rainbow Stylophora
  • Green Slimer
  • Candy Cane
  • Hammer
  • Duncan
  • Zoanthids
  • Montipora

I want to thank the guys over at @CuttleFishandCoral for their help in choosing my livestock. 😊

Clowns2.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

Your tank looks like it will soon be a show stopper. Can’t wait to see the progression 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wantanewtank said:

Your tank looks like it will soon be a show stopper. Can’t wait to see the progression 

Thanks!  Since posting this introductory message, I have added about 40 new corals.  I started a new thread in the Gallery forum where you can see the progress on this tank: