Tiny bit of progress

Saltwater newbie

2 hours ago, Saltwater newbie said:

Thinking about doing the plumbing way different than I ever have more like house plumbing what do you guy's think. I'm thinking of running all 4 inch and a half drains into a single 4 inch with a clean out on the end of the 4 inch in the event there ever was a problem. 

My .02. In reefing I have found to KISS  Im other words keep it stupid simple!  The more we throw into things the more “tinkering” or messing with it later always comes into play. I had that exact dimension tank previously and (4) 1.5” drains are completely overkill. Depending on the pump  your running and what your overall goal is for turn over, 3 is plenty. 

The likelihood you would ever need a clean out is next to never. I think there are several tried/tried methods for plumbing our reef tanks that would suit your build perfectly. 

If ur into just trying something “different” then go for it!!! Half of the fun in reefing is the design and creativity that goes along with it. Just plan ahead, lots of unions and leave yourself an out of way to fix if it does not work like you plan! 

Whatever route you go. Have fun! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Willapa said:

Agreed, this is really cool and very professional. How is the set up configured....looks like multiple tanks plumbed together and a remote sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main tank and the one on the right in the last picture are tied together to the sump in the fish room the tank on the left will be a coral and fish qt tank on it's own sump.

• 2 years later...