Wrasse Combo

CodeNameGoldMember

I have had as many as eight different types of wrasses together (125 gallon) without a problem.  I would think it’s likely to be fine as long as you have some hiding spots in the tank in case one gets a bit agro.  The only wrasse I wouldn’t keep with others is a six line but I wouldn’t keep one of those with any other fish either - too many bad experiences. 

I just picked up that exact combo from Jeff at cuttlefish this weekend! They look fine together, and I’ve also got green coris and melanaurus as well. My old multicolor wrasse used to be a bit of a bully, but found him on top of my mesh top recently so so longer a worry. Not sure how e he got there though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

I just picked up that exact combo from Jeff at cuttlefish this weekend! They look fine together, and I’ve also got green coris and melanaurus as well. My old multicolor wrasse used to be a bit of a bully, but found him on top of my mesh top recently so so longer a worry. Not sure how e he got there though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Bill - sorry to hear about the multicolor. I lost a lineatus out of tank with a full canopy once... they just seem to find s way. Good to see you posting though!

It’s a 50 Gallon currently. I got the the other Lineatus @Bicyclebill but was wanting one of those Pintails as well. I ended up grabbing the Naoki Wrasse as well while I was there. 

I have a yellow coris, a blue star leopard, and a melanarus as well. (My melanarus is being a bit of pest to the Naoki, so he’s going to have to end up going)

thanks everyone for the responses. It’s always nice knowing people’s first hand experiences.