Jump to content
lewisriverfisherman

Who's all going to the Hatfield Marine Science Center? 

Recommended Posts

Do we have any idea how many people  will be attending the meeting at the Hatfield Marine Science Center ?  I was thinking  about making some ribs that were already smoked down there and maybe using there bbq to warm them up and sauce them on site?  I'm wondering  if this is a good idea or not?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

Do we have any idea how many people  will be attending the meeting at the Hatfield Marine Science Center ?  I was thinking  about making some ribs that were already smoked down there and maybe using there bbq to warm them up and sauce them on site?  I'm wondering  if this is a good idea or not?

That is a nice thought Brandon. It was pretty light last year - probably 10 or 12 people. Not sure what all to expect this time around but it looks like Darcy and I will make it after all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, albertareef said:

That is a nice thought Brandon. It was pretty light last year - probably 10 or 12 people. Not sure what all to expect this time around but it looks like Darcy and I will make it after all. 

Glad you both can make it!  I was thinking about doing 3 racks of ribs and a couple different kinds of brats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Allthingscoral said:

What day is this that everybody's going?

It’s Saturday June 30 and Brandon that sounds like a great idea with the ribs. Sirena did the same with chicken last year and turned out well. It was challenging getting the grill started in the wind though.

Sirena and I will be there along with her daughter and 2 kids.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsure on the work schedule this far out, but if available my wife and I will drive out for the day, we haven't been there in years.

 

This is absolutely of no help to you I realize.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about 80% likely to make it. We have a beach house with family and friends at Rockaway Beach during that time, but I'm hoping to slip away or convince everyone to make a day trip to Newport.

I was there last year and I enjoyed it. Sid is great. I learned a lot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be attending and probably bringing something sweet food wise, it should be a wonderful weekend at the coast so I hope most of you can make it over. I am excited to see the renovated areas of the science center, and for Sid's presentation.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I am not one to travel..............but being on a saturday..................I may be up to it but not sure yet.............

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still intending on going down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sharklover said:

I’m still intending on going down.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will look forward to seeing you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spectra said:

Well I am not one to travel..............but being on a saturday..................I may be up to it but not sure yet.............

It would be kewl if you made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 7:44 AM, badxgillen said:

I will be attending and probably bringing something sweet food wise, it should be a wonderful weekend at the coast so I hope most of you can make it over. I am excited to see the renovated areas of the science center, and for Sid's presentation.

Happy you are going Bert.  Now on the food, are you bringing something sweet or something  sweeeet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m thinking if the weather is good I’ll just ride my motorcycle down. Nice ride. What do you think Brian? Good ride down?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we toss all the food aside...cakes and pies only! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking cookies or brownies, as of now I am leaning towards brownies, so I would say Sweeeet. I have my fingers crossed for some good weather the day of the meet, last year was amazing so I am optimistic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm going to buy ribs tomorrow, still looks like 3 racks of ribs should be enough.   From what I count maybe 14 people at the most. I hope more can make it, looks like the weather is going to well let's just hope not rain lol 

Awww looks like lots of sunshine in the forecast.

Edited by lewisriverfisherman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be headed down on Friday and staying overnight in Nye Beach to make sure we can be there on time.  Will be spending our tenth anniversary with a bunch of fish!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 12:51 AM, Flashy Fins said:

I’ll be there. See you all soon!

Cool!  Does the pup get to come?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 9:45 PM, albertareef said:

We will be headed down on Friday and staying overnight in Nye Beach to make sure we can be there on time.  Will be spending our tenth anniversary with a bunch of fish!

I think we are going to stay at Chinook winds in Lincoln City.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could go. Too much happening right now. Everyone have a great time! 😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×