So a while back I setup a new DT  I placed everything in  a 20gallon tank and over night I lost 10 fish and all my shrimp not sure why they died as the water was from original dt I put a power head to help circulate the water in the morning most of my livestock was gone  I have a saddle back puffer that really does nothing but swim peacefully I'm looking to trade for another fish let me know what ya got ! Or if there is anyone wanting to get rid of some fish that need a good home pls  PM me 

Thank you  all and have a blessed day 

13 minutes ago, Allthingscoral said:

So a while back I setup a new DT  I placed everything in  a 20gallon tank and over night I lost 10 fish and all my shrimp not sure why they died as the water was from original dt I put a power head to help circulate the water in the morning most of my livestock was gone  I have a saddle back puffer that really does nothing but swim peacefully I'm looking to trade for another fish let me know what ya got ! Or if there is anyone wanting to get rid of some fish that need a good home pls  PM me 

Thank you  all and have a blessed day 

Wow - that is a bummer... very sorry to hear.  Hope you find some good replacements.

• Thanks 1

Thanks brother I had  Couple yellow tangs  Sail fin T'ang 4 fire shrimp and 4cleaner shrimp Couple of clowns  A few others that I forget the names of .You know the norm It's the one you had for a couple years that sucks when they die  You get to know them and the personalities

Sorry to hear 😢😢 Prolly one thing died and u got an ammonia spike. In a 20, that would be my guess with so much livestock. 

• Thanks 1

The fish and all my coral  Where in the  Tank overnight  It sucks but that's  Reefing I guess I know I'm  Ammonia can kill fast Another friend of mine said that it might be that there  Wasn't enough air

3 Tangs & 2 Clowns shoved into a 20 Gallon Tank, with No Circulation or Movement, within several hours the Water had become stagnant, No Oxygen would have been exchanging with the Water, Ammonia would have climbed,  Not to mention all fish would have been extremely stressed. That was just a Death Sentence for the fish. When breaking down a tank and having to shift livestock it is extremely important to have beneficial bacteria available via live rock or Bio Media, flow, and hiding places to reduce stress (PVC Elbows) The Water Should be the water from the display and temperatures should remain the same, and most importantly there should be enough flow to break the water surface in a tank with adequate room.

PetCo has $1 per gallon sales monthly I would suggest picking up a 40 Breeder to set aside for when this situation arises again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For sure I learned my lesson from this if know of anyone that would like to trade for this fish he don't eat coral at all just very peaceful looking to add color to my tank thank for the help