Flower anemone spawning?

Oregonic

It is and no, don't change your water.  I would doubt it's going to cause any problems but the potential for new RFA's spawning definitely exists.  If they spawn you'll find babies hiding under the skirts of whichever flower was your female.  These have set genders and breed sexually iirc.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

It is and no, don't change your water.  I would doubt it's going to cause any problems but the potential for new RFA's spawning definitely exists.  If they spawn you'll find babies hiding under the skirts of whichever flower was your female.  These have set genders and breed sexually iirc.

Is there a way to tell if any of the others are female?  Also if there were to be babies what determines the color of the babies?

From doing a little research it apprars if I do get babies they will be hidden under the skirt of the females.  I have not come across any information from someone who has been able to grow babies to stable adulthood, maybe im just missing something. Anyone on here have any luck raising babies?

I have around 20 or so babie rock flowers, some made in the last month the size of a pin head....some are 4 to months from when I first discovered them.  They seem to take on the color of the parent they came from. The biggest ones now are the size of a pencil eraser.  They are just spread all over one of my frag tanks.

• Like 3

Yes a spawning and as for growing under skirts no..............

I had a IM 20 when I first got back into the hobby and loved the RFAs so had a few.......one day I walked into the room and had a few males stretching like that and all of a sudden poof.....................sperm into the water..........RFAs dont split like a normal nem......moms have the babies inside there mouth and then release them. I found them all over my tank a week or so after the spawning. So keep an eye out for them as they are hard to see if you have larger sand......get a light to look for them they are hard to see but can be found.

Good luck and hope you can grow them out......I had a few get to dime size then passed the rock onto another member here.

• Like 4