metal halide repair?

gradth

I have 2 galaxy 250 electronic ballasts that just popped at one point and quit working.  They were ran for maybe a couple of months.  I also have 3 coralife ballasts that work but do not put out the wattage they should.

My question is can they be fixed or is it just not worth it.  I have gone the LED route and am happy but they are sitting around doing nothing and I am setting up a frag tank and would like to use them.

Im full of questions today.  Funny when you start cleaning your garage and find crap that you forgot you had.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, gradth said:

I have 2 galaxy 250 electronic ballasts that just popped at one point and quit working.  They were ran for maybe a couple of months.  I also have 3 coralife ballasts that work but do not put out the wattage they should.

My question is can they be fixed or is it just not worth it.  I have gone the LED route and am happy but they are sitting around doing nothing and I am setting up a frag tank and would like to use them.

Im full of questions today.  Funny when you start cleaning your garage and find crap that you forgot you had.

Is it one of these or is it a "select-a-watt 250w-400w" version?

https://www.marinedepot.com/Sunlight_Supply_Galaxy_250W_Electronic_Ballast_250_Watt_Metal_Halide_Ballasts-Sunlight_Supply_Inc-SL1611-FILTACBAMHTF-SL1611-vi.html

Was just trying to see if i could try and help you find you a diagram/schematic. 

Edited by ChrisQ

yep that is the one.

Not even sure where to start, i opened it up and the entire thing is coated with some black rubber stuff.  Ill probably go the led route, but figured i had them might as well use them if its an easy fix.

• Like 1