Forest Fire digis frags

Was doing some maintenance on the sump and came across some forest fire digis that I had forgotten about. Glued these pieces to a plug about 3 months ago. They were about an inch, at the time. Now 2.5 to 3". They've been under blue LED's only.

$15 a piece. Can meet at CnC this Sunday... Thanks! d8fcbdceb2cc85a7f2a04856200747aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yours look nice. Mine is growing nicely but will be awhile before I can frag. Had a bubblegum digi but it died[emoji22]
Thank you, I appreciate it, although they've been living in my sump, they've thrived much better than the momma that is in my display. Lol

1 hour ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Thank you, I appreciate it, although they've been living in my sump, they've thrived much better than the momma that is in my display. Lol

This is interesting.  Would suggest that the lighting is the key factor.  What are you running on your sump?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, albertareef said:

This is interesting.  Would suggest that the lighting is the key factor.  What are you running on your sump?

I am sure less par in the sump.....my FF is only red in my display as the lights bleach it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spectra said:

I am sure less par in the sump.....my FF is only red in my display as the lights bleach it out.

I would suspect so but it's sounds like it's only under blue... interesting that it appears to be affecting growth as well as color.  I could never get them to form the yellow tips and they seem to hate my tank in general.  Guess I just need to keep any pieces I get in Dodge's sump.

• Like 1

Don't laugh, it's just an unknown black box with sbreeflights replacement board. On the DT, I run Reefis and recently, I added an unknown black box with sbreeflights replacement board, as well. The sump light runs 100% blues only, I must've screwed up on the wiring for whites, they'll don't turn on. So, for the most part, my dt is running primarily blues and a hint of white, now.

6 minutes ago, albertareef said:

I would suspect so but it's sounds like it's only under blue... interesting that it appears to be affecting growth as well as color.  I could never get them to form the yellow tips and they seem to hate my tank in general.  Guess I just need to keep any pieces I get in Dodge's sump.

Mine had yellow tips under a kessil 360 once under a MH they were gone...….

• Like 1

It's been kinda weird, Sean...
About 7 months or so, ago, I tried sps for the second time. Now my tank was more mature and stable. Bought some frags from Holly's $10 frag sale and noticed those frags didn't die after being in my tank for a few days. It snowballed from there...Love me some acros! I now have no room in my dt, hence I have to keep a few things in the sump. That's where they've been the last few months. Under 100% blues. Go figure...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Don't laugh, it's just an unknown black box with sbreeflights replacement board. On the DT, I run Reefis and recently, I added an unknown black box with sbreeflights replacement board, as well. The sump light runs 100% blues only, I must've screwed up on the wiring for whites, they'll don't turn on. So, for the most part, my dt is running primarily blues and a hint of white, now.

Just so happens that I am running SB reeflights as well. Mostly blues but am going from 10 to twelve hour cycle (slowly) based on the sps lighting discussion at the last meeting. Will be curious if that makes a difference. What kind of photoperiod you running on the sump light?

Sorry for the hijack - just really curious what it takes to make this particular coral happy. Blue digitata grows like crazy but the ff just never takes.  

• Like 2

Just so happens that I am running SB reeflights as well. Mostly blues but am going from 10 to twelve hour cycle (slowly) based on the sps lighting discussion at the last meeting. Will be curious if that makes a difference. What kind of photoperiod you running on the sump light?
Sorry for the hijack - just really curious what it takes to make this particular coral happy. Blue digitata grows like crazy but the ff just never takes.  
The Reefis start to ramp up around 8ish in the morning, I wait about 30 mins to pass before I click on the black box at 100% blues. The Reefis get to a 100% in about an hour, so, around 9am, both lights are pumpin' 100% blues. Around 10am, the whites start to ramp up on the Reefis, they only ramp up to 25% max! Whites ramp down around 6pm and are off by 7pm. So, 9 hours total for whites at 25%. Blues on both lights, are off by 11pm. So, roughly, 15 hours for blues. Note: I don't run any other channel other than blues and whites, no reds no browns no blacks, at least I think.

As for the sump, it's on at 8am till 11pm, straight up 100% blues.

No worries on the hijack, it's all good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sad, one that i've been after once again for a while but i'm not in the position at the moment. (tank breakdown)

Hope to hit you up soon Dodge!

3 hours ago, gradth said:

you know Dodge i would be up to swapping you for some nems once i get the new tank up.  getting closer. BTW hit me up when you wanna come grab some more. 

Tried that tactic already :tongue:

Edited by ChrisQ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

The Reefis start to ramp up around 8ish in the morning, I wait about 30 mins to pass before I click on the black box at 100% blues. The Reefis get to a 100% in about an hour, so, around 9am, both lights are pumpin' 100% blues. Around 10am, the whites start to ramp up on the Reefis, they only ramp up to 25% max! Whites ramp down around 6pm and are off by 7pm. So, 9 hours total for whites at 25%. Blues on both lights, are off by 11pm. So, roughly, 15 hours for blues. Note: I don't run any other channel other than blues and whites, no reds no browns no blacks, at least I think.

As for the sump, it's on at 8am till 11pm, straight up 100% blues.

No worries on the hijack, it's all good!

Good info Dodge - thanks for providing.  I have been planning on extending my hours anyway so this just provides more reason to try it.  If the rest of the coral take it OK then I will try another piece of forest fire and see if I have any better luck. 

1 hour ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

I just bumped up my lights and mine has no polyp extension anymore,  if they don't come back out in a couple of days I will have to lower my lights or move this frag.

By the way Dodge always has nice stuff!

This is also interesting.  You have had some killer extension to date so that is disconcerting.  When you say "bumped up" did you increase intensity or period length?

And just to keep this on track - I may come back to you in a while Dodge and see if you still have a frag available (want to ramp the light period up first).  Would be interesting to try some pieces from a few different sources to see if that make a difference.  Thanks guys!

• Like 1

I just bumped up my lights and mine has no polyp extension anymore,  if they don't come back out in a couple of days I will have to lower my lights or move this frag.
By the way Dodge always has nice stuff!
Brandon, from what ssapington told me, he's the one I got the frag from, if you start to lose the green/yellow tips, it means too much light. I'm not sure about polyp extension, although, I would think the same. Bring it back down and give it heavier blues. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the kind words...

This is also interesting.  You have had some killer extension to date so that is disconcerting.  When you say "bumped up" did you increase intensity or period length?
And just to keep this on track - I may come back to you in a while Dodge and see if you still have a frag available (want to ramp the light period up first).  Would be interesting to try some pieces from a few different sources to see if that make a difference.  Thanks guys!
I gotcha, also Sean, whenever you're to try again...

It was nice meeting up with you today, thanks for the healthy frags!

I can add to the study on light for these things, right now it is getting blasted at the bottom of my tank (I think I am at least looking at 400 par on the sand).

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1