Majestic Angel in gangland

Ok, after 16 days in qt I decided to add my new majestic angel to my DT. I fed the DT heavily and turned off the halides.

It was like dropping a naked hooker into a maximum security prison. Lots of the tangs wanted to say "hello" but my achilies... jesus!!

He was relentless. Biting, swiping, biting, ramming him. I shoed him away with a net but he just kept cumming back. I put my ear to the glass and could hear the achilies saying "WHAT, WHATS UP?? YOU TALKING [language filter] ABOUT ME?"

So desperate times... now the angel is in solitary confiement and on 16hout suicide watch...

Any suggestions??

38983c50b7215243715d80d0507562bc.jpga8264d6a0c542fb9ea7a2e22edc7f574.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With so many tangs which can get very aggressive to newcomers, I always recommend putting new fishes in a clear acrylic social box. Only when existing fishes stop attacking the social box then release the new fish at night when tank is darkest.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My sump (refigium) is not a real friendly place, especially not for a $250 fish.

I have him in that diffuser cage but i none of the other fish are checking him out so maybe they cant see him?

Seems like i need to build an acrylic box stat..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

My sump (refigium) is not a real friendly place, especially not for a $250 fish.

I have him in that diffuser cage but i none of the other fish are checking him out so maybe they cant see him?

Seems like i need to build an acrylic box stat..

Ah just poke some holes in a salsa container...……………………..all good...…………;)

I let the angel.go from his cage last night for a bit.. the achilies was immediately on him. He left him alone for like 20 mimutes.. then he was back at him. He has a couple torn fins now. I am building a LARGE acclimation box today. Anyone is welcome to it when i am finished.

• Like 1

I let the angel.go from his cage last night for a bit.. the achilies was immediately on him. He left him alone for like 20 mimutes.. then he was back at him. He has a couple torn fins now. I am building a LARGE acclimation box today. Anyone is welcome to it when i am finished.

I hope things go well for you!
I'm interested in borrowing the box, once you are done. I will be purchasing an achilles, as well, or possibly a Gem...

Lmk when it becomes available...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Will do. I am going to make it big enough for big tangs.

I'm interested in borrowing the box, once you are done. I will be purchasing an achilles, as well, or possibly a Gem...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Whoa... getting into some high-dollar specimens there Dodge!  Definitely want to be careful introducing those.  I know Daniel seems to have had good luck with the socialization boxes. Never tried one myself (not a lot of room) but seems like a great idea.  Good luck with the Majestic Brian!

• Like 1

Whoa... getting into some high-dollar specimens there Dodge!  Definitely want to be careful introducing those.  I know Daniel seems to have had good luck with the socialization boxes. Never tried one myself (not a lot of room) but seems like a great idea.  Good luck with the Majestic Brian!
I just find the Gem to be so perty! Yes, it is quite pricey. Reason for that is, which you probably know, they come from Madagascar. Difficult to catch, as well. But I spoke with a company, I saw advertising on fb, that they are very hardy once caught. He said, they are more hardier than yellows. Who knows, right? Yeah, it's a fish I really want but very hesitant to pull the trigger, we'll see... I'll definitely need the 'social box' if I end up getting the Gem or the Achilles.

• Like 1

My Achilles does not really bother other fish.  People thought my X large desjardini would rule the roost but he steers way clear of the Achilles.   My fox face and desjardini spar every so often but man, I don't know what the angel fish said to the Achilles but he goes absolutely BEZERK when the angel was let go in the tank.  Even after I put him back in the box the Achilles is zooming around the tank looking for someone to terrorize.  

I am building the box this evening, I will post a pic and make mounts that will fit for those poor souls that have a rimmed tank.  LOL  :)

• Like 2

:(

Your supposed to say.. "that is awesome, now when you release him the other fish will warmly accept him"

There will be hugs and kisses.... and they will dance the fishie dance merrily around the tank. There will be joy and peace in the gangland.... until the accidental stabbing. ☠️ Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

LOL  I was waiting for that!  

It is kind of comical though because I throw the frozen food in the box and all the fish try to peck at the acrylic trying to get it.  It has to melt before it leaves the Acclimator 1000.   All the fish go up to the acrylic....except for... you guessed it, the achilies.

Edited by pdxmonkeyboy

On 5/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, albertareef said:

Also feed heavy helps too.  :)

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 10:08 AM, Optimusprime3605 said:

Dodge, you're welcome to my social box or anyone wants to borrow it.  I don't plan to add any fish in my DT in the near future.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Very kind of you, Daniel! I will take you up on the offer... Looking for a healthy Achilles with the right price.

Saw one at Seahorse last time I was in but that was a couple of weeks ago... didn't pay attention to the price.

• Like 1