asterinas star

eclipse522

On 5/24/2018 at 7:01 AM, eclipse522 said:

Just reducing the numbers. 

Have you by chance been able to i.d the few known "to me anyway :tongue:" species/or diets  of them? Most of us just have the harmless algae eaters, some eat coralline algae and when we're really unlucky, the base of the flesh of some LPS.  I've found it pretty hard to tell the differences in their diets. Most of the harmless ones we normally deal with are on the glass/panels. When we find them on the rock work and wake up to huge swathes of white as a sheet paper patches, more then likely those guys are preferring the coralline. Then having a problem with a certain trachy i finally flipped him over and found some at the very edge of the flesh. 

I don't know how helpful it might be but where i'm finding them seem to help a little as well with their tops of their bodies seem to have a color what seems based on what they have been eating.

Good luck in your reduction :thumbs:

They were mostly on the glass. I just had the harmless one and too many on the glass. They were making the tank look not so great. I just did not want their death to be for nothing and wanted them to be used for food. That is all I wanted to do. It is to late now, the ones left be hold in the old tank are now in starfish heaven now.