May 2018 Meeting Pictures at Golden Basket

badxgillen

May 2018 meet was another over the top meeting for the PNWMAS. For those who could not make it you missed out on a great event. 

Rudy at The Golden Basket hosted the May gathering and did Great, his family works together seamlessly and handled the clubs needs without a hitch. And Kim, Siirena, Scott, and Saun did an amazing job of coordinating, cooking, and setting up all of this. Wonderful people right here! 

22222.jpg

Kim an Sirena in this pic getting all the kinks worked out before anyone even got there, this is an amazing couple right here. Emerald is ready with tickets for raffles in hand and in the background Sirena is making sure the margarita machine is ready to go...

SAM_6640.JPG

And Yes, You heard that right, margarita MACHINE! One side was for the virgin blue raspberry slushy mix and the left was for the real deal margarita with tequila. This is the first "meeting" I have been to that had a margarita machine to dispense beverages.

SAM_6718.JPG

Chef Scott helped Sirena by making a few things at home and maning the grill like he does so well. That marinated skirt steak was tasty stuff, never would have guessed there was soy sauce involved.

SAM_6719.JPG

Albertareebt  in and setup a whole sound system for music along with a mini amp for the speakers and raffles. As you all know Saun is a stand up guy, always willing to pitch in here and there.

SAM_6635.JPG

I had to include as much vertical as I could on a couple pictures here, not only to show off our OSU Beavers tent, but to take notice of the amazingly beautiful clear and sunny day we had. Several people had enough forethought to bring camping chairs to sit down outside and enjoy the sunny weather.

SAM_6683.JPG

Like Lewisfisherman here, polarized shades are not a bad idea today...You might still need them once you go inside and see some of the amazing corals. I know you found a few bright gems in Rudy's shop.

SAM_6701.JPG

Mark and Exodus having a conversation right before things got started, there were several early birds who were more than willing to be of assistance where needed like these two. Both are seasoned veterans in the salt water hobby.

SAM_6641.JPG

Eclipse on a sunny day!? Good to see you, glad you found a little time to come out and hang with the PNWMAS crew.

SAM_6642.JPG

As usual, once inside you see Rudy and his team just working away, move em in and move em out. These guys are either taking pictures or bagging corals, not a bad gig if you ask me.

SAM_6734.JPG

Pantherguy, stopping in for a little bit. This guy has some insanely colored corals if you ever get a chance to snag a frag from him I highly recommend it.

SAM_6740.JPG

BAAHHH!!! Its OptimusPrime rolling in with the cooler in hand, full of goodies no doubt. Sounds like you might need to setup an anemone containment tank, I have that other bubble tip for you next time we meet up.

SAM_6802.JPG

Maxicurls here is a guy I haven't seen for a while, maybe we should make one of those impromptu Molokos meets and see whats in the reef tanks by the bar, while eating my panini.

SAM_6760.JPG

PDXMnkey aand Albertareef talking about financial changes in the market and effects on consumers, alot has changed in the last few years that's for sure, I think it is great when things become more available and affordable. Win win for a guy like me.

SAM_6763.JPG

Did someone call for, the Zorro!? Whenever there is a reefer in trouble he is there, and whenever there is a must have high end Acro, he will have it. No trouble here,except trying to pick only ONE must have high end acros at Rudy's...I went with the Olympic Torch but really there is no wrong choice.

SAM_6800.JPG

Tesch here for another round of PNWMS meeting fun! We are one big coral reef family here at our Marine Aquarium Society with everyone on the same page of reefing. Hit me up sometimes if you want to do some trading man, I always have something that needs a trim.

SAM_6777.JPG

Youcallmenny conversing with PDXreefer front left, in the back ground we have Albertareef laughing on the left, FlashyFins and Princeton talking with the Sasquatch center background, and Ken on the right.

SAM_6833.JPG

Sharklover and DarkAngel didn't miss out on the festivities, so many cool corals and cool people this was certainly the happening place to be this last Saturday.

SAM_6831.JPG

Was nice to meet a couple folks I had not seen before. Thanks Saltedwaffles for the zoa frags, hope the chalice works out for you, just let me know if it gives you any trouble and I will see what I can do.

SAM_6827.JPG

Jeremevans and his future reef enthusiast.  hope you two are ready for a talk, because the PNWMAS Board chose a few members to act as a panel to answer some SPS focused questions. 

SAM_6821.JPG

We missed you Roy, but Rudy and I tried to manage without you, we covered a lot of ground in a short time so I hope some of the audience was able to use at least some of the information spoken. For those of you who missed it Roy answered a few questions right here.  http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/43136-what-sps-questions-do-you-have/?page=2

SAM_6810222.jpg

We even had Danlu speak about lighting wavelengths and LED diodes which can shed some "Light" on aspects of coral colors and growth. Recurrent flicker of %100 strength diodes to solve wavelength issues seems totally sound. If you want to talk about lights this guy knows a thing or two for sure.

After the presentation was done we moved onto the next event...The Raffles!

Get Your Tickets!!!

SAM_6739.JPG

Just look at all these prizes! I don't know how we pull together so much good stuff for these raffles but alot of it has to do with our amazing group of officers and our generous sponsors, Thanks You Guys and Gals!

SAM_6922.JPG

Patiently waiting with tickets for the ensuing raffle. Back left R-3, front right ReefRun, and behind right we have Walt.

SAM_6946.JPG

Damien taking home one of the LED units, Whoop Whoop!!! Solid units right there man, nice score.

SAM_6894.JPG

FlashyFins taking home the Upscalees Certificate here. Show me the Money!

SAM_6866.JPG

Spectra coming in for the win! This guy most certainly deserves it, he has always been very generous as well as being a helpful hand when he can, Scotts a good man.

SAM_6956.JPG

Lora and SRoberts took home not only the other LED unit but also a pass to the upcoming MACNA event. Talk about a lucky day!

SAM_6961.JPG

At the end of it all we had all the helping hands we needed to take it down and wrap it up, you could call this team work or comradery , either way I love this crew.

SAM_6967.JPG

Sirena and Kim loading the truck to the brim Ike they have done this before, these two are real troopers, excellent job ladies, excellent job.

So that was our Awesome May 2018 meeting. Another one for the records, a most outstanding meet if I do say so myself. The feeling of community was really there, the laughing, the trading, the conversing, and all round good times.

Thank You GoldenBasket, Thank You Emerald, Thank You Sirena, Thank You Spectra, Thank You Albertareef. you ALL made this one special and one to remember. And thanks to our PNWMS Crew, you make this forum go round, keep it real y'all...See you next month at the MHSC yeah!

Reef On!!!

SAM_6647.JPG

SAM_6650.JPG

SAM_6651.JPG

• Like 7

Thanks for the photo recap Bert - awesome work as always. I have no idea how you manage to pitch in and help setup, hook up members with killer frags, give super informative presentations and capture it all in photos at the same time.  A man of many talents for sure!

Just want to give you and Rudy a shout out for a really helpful discussion on SPS keeping. There were lots of gems of advice in there. Also to Roy for contributing lots of detailed tips on the thread - always great to get the lowdown straight from the pros. 

Another fantastic meeting and great hosting job by Rudy and his family - such a pleasure to have a chance to hang out and soak up some coral wisdom. Thanks to Sirena and Scott for delicious food and beverages and of course Emerald for putting it all together. Such a great crew!

• Like 2

Thanks Bert for once again taking my photo shoot:photo:

No seriously Bert thanks for taking all the great pics for our club meetings!  You do an amazing job with the write up and what not.  Thanks for all you do for our PNWMAS club!:yippee:

I once again had a great time and a great many thanks for all those that had a hand in making it happen. From Rudy, Kim, Sarina,  Scott,  Sean and I no I am missing more peeps. :clap: Thanks!!!

• Like 3