ALBERTAREEF.. I found your new tank!!!

[language filter]... that could fit a whole lot of flashy wrasses! The big gaudy ones, 12” rainbow colored monsters! And their parrotfish friends!

Pretty sure the weight of it before any water was added would crash through my second-level apartment floor, though. :laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Wait, what? Someone told me a reef tank was a great investment??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah - sorry about that. In my defense that was before you bought me any beer 🍺 

I actually saw that add the other day and was waiting for @DarkAngel to try and figure out how to get it into the bedroom. Might be a bit deep for her tastes though 😁

Thanks for thinking of me though guys!

Yeah - sorry about that. In my defense that was before you bought me any beer [emoji481] 
I actually saw that add the other day and was waiting for [mention=16233]DarkAngel[/mention] to try and figure out how to get it into the bedroom. Might be a bit deep for her tastes though [emoji16]
Thanks for thinking of me though guys!

Saw it on Facebook 6 days ago and saved it just to show Sharklover! It would be awesome but glass.... it’s so heavy. I’ve turned into an acrylic snob. Easier on my back. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am torn on glass or acrylic for huge tanks. Safety factor definately goes to acrylic but man they scratch if you look at them funny.

I have a spot picked out for a 10' long, 3' wide penninsula tank but judgement got the better of me :)

• Like 1

I am torn on glass or acrylic for huge tanks. Safety factor definately goes to acrylic but man they scratch if you look at them funny.

I have a spot picked out for a 10' long, 3' wide penninsula tank but judgement got the better of me default_smile.png

🤤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

All this talk of glass versus acrylic... you can’t put a parrotfish in acrylic! And if you don’t think you need a parrotfish, what are you even doing in this hobby?!

90B5A707-1EE9-4B6B-A562-A0B6258DC40A.jpeg

I love these sooo much (but don't have one).  Honestly didn't think about the glass vs acrylic with them.

The hogfish in the video seems to be attacking his own reflection, thinking it's another hogfish. Probably bored out of his mind in that small tank with nothing better to do.

The complaints I've read about parrotfish in acrylic tanks are more to do with them scratching it up while trying to get every last bit of algae.

Well, either one would get me kicked out of the house so kind of a moot point. Thanks for looking out for me though [emoji106]
Seems like a wife reset may be in order.
Here are the steps..
1. Get your wife close to a computer.
2. Have a webpage with a tropical vacation package on the screen.
3. Tell her you have been thinking about 2nd honeymoon.
4. Hug your wife and tell her you love her.
5. WHILE your hugging her, reach around and press Ctrl, Alt, and Del on the keyboard.
6. One hour later, bring up new fish tank.

• Haha 1