503reeflands RSR 250 build

503reefland

So ive had this tank up for about 2 months its a read sea reefer 250, previously had a 55gal petco special and while it did its purpose for a year it was leaking just a few drops a day. I wish i really knew how amaizingly smooth these type of tanks are to set up and how stupidly smooth they run. And honestly are cheaper than piecing together a system in the long run and re sell value. Anyways heres a list of equipment its a mixed reef but my sps additction has deffinatly taken over, and my picture skills are not great wish i could figure out how to acuratly display the true colors!

tank: rsr 250

lighting: hydra 52, 2 kessil a160we run off apex

return pump:vectra m1

flow: gyre xf130, gyre 1k

skimmer: vertex omega 130

tank controller: apex classic with wxm module, atk, pm1 with salinity probe, breakout box.

these pics were right after setting up tank ill post current when later on thanks for following along!

B0C0AB86-9D26-4987-AF1F-F203BC6C3108.jpeg

BBF84177-E775-4934-A82A-BE949925B335.jpeg

35CA415E-9683-463F-8419-8D947E3AF014.jpeg

Edited by 503reefland
  • Like 1

I dose seachem fusion 1,2 and acro power. i wish water changes were enough! Lol i am hopfully gonna decide on a triton style sump soon and go that route. I really am kinda annoyed about how limited this sump is! And the socks being an odd size i cut mine to fit but still...! It wont let me upload more pictures i got a few pretty nice ones of my favorite “highend” peices. Didnt relize there was a limit on uploading pictures.

Edited by 503reefland

• 1 month later...

finally got around around to taking some recent pictures! to lazy to edit fyi.lol i guess i am not allowed to upload anymore content so i guess these are the 3 im allowed? Haha anyone have that issue uploading pictures on here?

DSC02464.JPG

DSC02428.JPG

DSC02452.JPG

Edited by 503reefland

Its ok controller is bulky for the 1k. But  the 130 i got from you is doing awsome i had got the motor block warrenteed recently because the power cable sheilding had cracked and started leaking voltage! i was alerted by my salinty probe haha. I want to get another 130/230 with the new controller to be able to control both from one unit. Wish there was a cheaper option for the apex!

• 2 weeks later...

I think that one i got off a former member on here that was selling of his livestock. Have Had it for coming on 2 years now its gotten huge since then. Lol thanks for the kind words btw! I need to take some nice pics of everything i made a few changes to lighting and my parameters and things are coloring up and growing on another level! 🙃👍🏻👌🏻👌🏻

3 hours ago, Savo said:

Love your tank and the scolymia is incredible. Where did you pick that up?

503reeflansscoly.PNG

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Few growth progress shots I took tonight. Everything has had explosive since I added a co2 scrubber and the last 2 weeks have been unreal after I changed my lighting schedule! I’m in the middle of trying to decide on what I’m going to go with on a aquatic life t5 led hybrid fixture. Either two g4 xr15 pro’s or 1 Xr30 any opinions and suggestions? I am running 2 kessil 160’s and 1 hydra 52 and I really dislike my hydra the color just sucks imo everything under the kessils seems look so much better....

09889C99-C1CF-4598-B7BF-4883ECCB9CD5.jpeg

86901F16-F756-4CD3-8563-4E00C5EFB3F8.jpeg

08CC508B-E84B-4985-847F-806DA641286C.jpeg

BE971420-D5C1-470B-94A1-65888B835B20.jpeg

B8436AAA-4E6D-4849-8249-6A7A92BD2F26.jpeg

D0833A23-9AA9-4A6E-AFFB-4E23F7F7FC12.jpeg

7 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I've seen great growth using two XR30 Pro G4's on my Reefer XL 425:

Coral Growth Sept 1.png

Yeah I just have a 250 and the growth I’m getting is incredible I just hate the hydra 52’s spectrum...lol it has terrible blending imo. I’m interested in the ap700 kessil fixture but I haven’t seen a hybrid t5/led fixture that works with it.

2 minutes ago, 503reefland said:

Yeah I just have a 250 and the growth I’m getting is incredible I just hate the hydra 52’s spectrum...lol it has terrible blending imo. I’m interested in the ap700 kessil fixture but I haven’t seen a hybrid t5/led fixture that works with it.

I forgot to mention I also have diffusers on my Radions.  It makes a huge difference to eliminate the disco effect and smooths out the light pattern.  It does cause about a 10% loss in PAR, but I'm only running them at 80% max, so the loss is no problem.

1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

I forgot to mention I also have diffusers on my Radions.  It makes a huge difference to eliminate the disco effect and smooths out the light pattern.  It does cause about a 10% loss in PAR, but I'm only running them at 80% max, so the loss is no problem.

Yeah those defusers are amaizing I would just get a power module but being this tank is in my bedroom the heat wouldn’t fly with the girlfriend...lol

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

Very nice!  What does your light schedule look like? 

as of right now only pushing these two little kessil 160’s after selling my hydra52 and after about a week im getting better color i cant beleive it. I either had a bad schedule (ab+) in the hydra or my corals just wernt fans. My plan was 1 xr30 g4 pro or 2 xr15’s with the aquatic life t5/led hybrid fixture but now im almost so impressed with these little kessils i might just save some money and get the hybrid fixture for these. 

9D65E3CF-4CBD-4095-BEF5-4419692AF1E4.png

• Like 1