Crazy's 350 Journal

CrazyInside

Well here is my new adventure, wanted to make a tank journal so I can track my progress. Thank you to Jeff at cuttlefish for the reefer package!

Equipment:

Reefer 350 Deluxe in White

2x Hydra HD 26

Nyos Quantum 160 Skimmer

Finnex 500w Titainium Heater

Apex Neptune System

Tunze 3155 ATO

Maxxspec Gyre f230

Ro/Di Unit

MarinePure BioBlock

Fritz Pro Salt

I'm not a huge fan of a bunch of rock in the tank, so hopefully I don't have to many problems with less rock than normal. 

So far the tank has been up and running for about two weeks, no leaks so far. The Wiring is still a disaster, I'll clean it up eventually.

Using Dry rock from reef cleaners, tropic eden mesoflakes and seeding the tank with a couple small live rocks. 

pxBp0N5.jpg

u1RoBdA.jpg

k6RwLf2.jpg

WOPbL4B.jpg

1d4VF7u.jpg

fLZPP87.jpg

EqyaIZV.jpg

Edited by CrazyInside
  • Like 3

I am so jealous of that extra cabinet space for equipment, I have like 3" of space in my 170.

I like the minimal rock work myself, I am sure it will look great once populated.

Following along, this or the XL425 will be my next upgrade, I just need to prove to my wife that this tank won't leak like the 30, 60, 75, and 150 did!

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Krux said:

I am so jealous of that extra cabinet space for equipment, I have like 3" of space in my 170.

I like the minimal rock work myself, I am sure it will look great once populated.

Following along, this or the XL425 will be my next upgrade, I just need to prove to my wife that this tank won't leak like the 30, 60, 75, and 150 did!

I was originally going to pick up at 250, but the cabinet space sold me on the 350!

Thats a lot of leaking tanks, hopefully you have better luck with the reefers :D

2 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

Whoa, what?  Were those all red sea? 

Those all sound like conventional tank sizes, I think the 170 he currently has is the only Red Sea... at least for my sake I hope so 

• Haha 1

In another era the plan was to take anything broken that someone else didn't want and make it work, usually it worked for a while, some projects never really lasted too long.

Her pet rabbit gnawing through the spaflex return line I really don't blame myself for.  That was the last day she had a pet rabbit...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2