Neptune Apex... I HATE you

...who is texting me at 1:21 AM?  Ohh.. its my fish tank?

Is it something minor so I can get some sleep?

No, your massive return pump isn't running.. SUPER AWESOME, THAT IS GREAT NEWS!! 

EB 832 keeps popping its breaker (the internal one).  

Unplug everything... 

plug everything back in

huh, drawing 21 AMPS with nothing plugged in?  That seems unlikely as the outlet is not on fire. 

take apart 832.. nothing hot, can't really service breaker.

Put back together.... no joy?

Yell at it, wake girlfriend up by tromping up and down stairs. Try my best to answer the now 2:30 AM question "whats wrong"?  while running through my options to control the heaters, ato and dosing pumps with only power strips... "stuff is broken". is what I came up with. 

Email neptune at 3:30am.. they basically said.. its broke send it back to us. 

Funny thing is, I know why this happened.  I actually said to Dawn the other day "you know, I am really enjoying the aquarium".  Things are stable, it is disease free, the sps are growing, the fish are healthy, it is finally coming together quite nicely".

Sighhh.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

...who is texting me at 1:21 AM?  Ohh.. its my fish tank?

Is it something minor so I can get some sleep?

No, your massive return pump isn't running.. SUPER AWESOME, THAT IS GREAT NEWS!! 

EB 832 keeps popping its breaker (the internal one).  

Unplug everything... 

plug everything back in

huh, drawing 21 AMPS with nothing plugged in?  That seems unlikely as the outlet is not on fire. 

take apart 832.. nothing hot, can't really service breaker.

Put back together.... no joy?

Yell at it, wake girlfriend up by tromping up and down stairs. Try my best to answer the now 2:30 AM question "whats wrong"?  while running through my options to control the heaters, ato and dosing pumps with only power strips... "stuff is broken". is what I came up with. 

Email neptune at 3:30am.. they basically said.. its broke send it back to us. 

Funny thing is, I know why this happened.  I actually said to Dawn the other day "you know, I am really enjoying the aquarium".  Things are stable, it is disease free, the sps are growing, the fish are healthy, it is finally coming together quite nicely".

Sighhh.. 

Actually, I think it was that post you made last week saying how much you loved that Apex - couldn't handle that adoration.

No, you are more likely correct that you jinxed it by commenting on how well everything is going.  That is usually when I start waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Live and learn my friend!

• Like 1

I need to program mine to not warn me about water level every time I enter feed mode, that is getting annoying. 

Also it seems I need to order a backup energy bar, hadn't thought of that being a point of failure.

14 minutes ago, Krux said:

I need to program mine to not warn me about water level every time I enter feed mode, that is getting annoying. 

Also it seems I need to order a backup energy bar, hadn't thought of that being a point of failure.

Krux, here's what I set to stop water level alarms during and immediately after feed mode. I set my skimmer to turn back on 1min after feed mode so by the time the 1min 30 sec is up the water level is back to normal but you can tweak that line based on your system/skimmer size.  This has really saved my sanity. 

Email Alarm

If FeedA 050 Then OFF
Defer 001:30 Then ON 

Skimmer

If FeedA 050 Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1