PVC Fittings, Barbs, & Valves

RockChalk

Before I call and wander out into every plumbing store in Portland, I wanted to check and see if you guys have a local source for all your PVC Fittings, Barbs, & Valves. I've exhausted my local Home Depot and Lowes. They seem to be good for normal things and standard sizes, but are lacking when it comes to specific things (in my case schedule 80, barb fittings & gate valves).

So is there somewhere local or do I always have to bow to the BRS gods?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 11:11 AM, RockChalk said:

in my case schedule 80, barb fittings & gate valves

HD in the lawn sprinkler section carries sch 80 barb/thd fittings from 1/2" to 1 1/4" both in plastic and steel.  Rose City hardware on Sandy Bl carries the sch 80 valves and sch 80 fittings but only carry 2 or 4 at a time then have to reorder/supply

hth

On 5/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, Sailingeric said:

Have you called George Moreland?  

Went to George Morland when I was doing some plumbing to my tank and was treated horribly. Both employees I spike with made me feel as if I was wasting their time. I knew exactly what i needed and even showed them pics on my phone. The first guy kept grabbing me copper and brass fittings from the back, must have told him 3 times no metal what so ever.  He ended up getting all huffy puffy and passed me off to someone else. Second guy was just rude from the start. I ended up just walking away and sharing a few choice words on my way out. I will never support them again. Ended up ordering everything online. 

They are in my area, this is where i got my valves, thankfully my experience was better. It was explained to me that these items they normally don't stock but i guess i showed up on the right day, even bought the one i didn't need at the time. The one i needed and the other were the only two in the store. 

I'm also in need of another gate valve, i'll give them a visit and see what i can find out, if they don't have one/s in stock then i'm sure with a little politeness they'll get some to me fairly quickly. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChrisQ said:

They are in my area, this is where i got my valves, thankfully my experience was better. It was explained to me that these items they normally don't stock but i guess i showed up on the right day, even bought the one i didn't need at the time. The one i needed and the other were the only two in the store. 

I'm also in need of another gate valve, i'll give them a visit and see what i can find out, if they don't have one/s in stock then i'm sure with a little politeness they'll get some to me fairly quickly. 

Glad you had a good experience. Hopefully I had just caught them on a bad day and my experience was not the norm. Being the son of a pipe fitter I had remembered going in there many times as a kid, thats why I had given them a shot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oregonic said:

Glad you had a good experience. Hopefully I had just caught them on a bad day and my experience was not the norm. Being the son of a pipe fitter I had remembered going in there many times as a kid, thats why I had given them a shot. 

I hear ya there, i actually remember having to remind myself that, wait a minute, these guys aren't aquarist. They tried to tell me about the ones made of metal that'll do the same thing as well.  

• Like 1