I can't decide, so I need your help.
Maxspect Gyre XF 250 with controller and second pump $500
Neptune System Apex WAVs with 1Link $500
This would be for a SPS heavy mixed reef tank, 120 gallons.
Circulation, appearance, control? Is the second pump really needed?
1. Suggestions please for attractive light inside my stand, mounting hardware and door switch.
2. What is source for best exhaust fan and proper size for 2' x 4' stand?
3. Where can I find a PVC elbow as shown in photo? Would a sweep elbow be just as effective? What will get me the least resistance?
4. I am thinking of plumbing a manifold off a strong return pump to feed a bio reactor, algae reactor, calcium reactor and sterilizer to minimize the number of pumps in the sump? Any advice?
5. Also I am considering running two gyres or two Apex WAVs for a SPS dominant tank. Again, any advice?
6. If I want to stock many fish in a SPS tank, would a large bio-reactor and a Pax-Bellum algae reactor keep parameters in check?
Almost ready to fire the starting gun on a Custom Aquarium's rimless and a stand from Spectra.
I am babysitting allot of coral. As a result, keeping allot closer eye on the tank.
The calcium reactor feed pump stopped pumping any amount of volume, and dkh dropped.
After troubleshooting I could see the feed pump was barely a trickle.
Fired up the APEX flow monitor. It is not rated for CR low flow rate, but it seems to work. Holding steady and keeps a history! Pretty cool way to monitor that cricital calcium reactor variable, flow... I have no alarms setup for it yet but if reliable definitely will...