NEW STAND!......... Well kinda.....sigh.....

Bubbles

Well as my obsession (Hobby) has taken off I've gone through many tanks. First a 20 gallon long I went through two of those because the first one cracked. Then onto a 75 gallon, well 2 of those too, (because apparently, I'm good at cracking tanks) anyways three years ago I broke down a bought my first "nice" tank an IM 25 lagoon, and that was supposed to be my last upgrade. LOL, WRONG. Originally I had built an extremely cool "floating tank" and stand. It consisted of a floating shelf reinforced with SS bars going through it so it could hold the weight of the 25. Then the upper cabinet held the filtration. Because I'm very different, I bought an all in one tank and still put a sump on it, mostly so I could have a bigger better skimmer. Well, about one year maybe two I bought the 50-gallon lagoon from Jeff at CNC, (My Employer). After a bit of modification, I was able to make the floating stand that I made for the 25 work for the 50. And it worked great all the way until one week ago when I noticed the top brace was bowing, and the tank was leaning forward toward the stone floor. So I was in the process of building the new stand. I had finished the new stand on Friday of last week. When on Saturday morning. I started hearing a creaking noise. I look over, and I see my tank slowing leaning forward, as the shelf that hold the tank is being ripped from the wall. 

Soooooooo, Saturday was the day I was putting my new stand in place. Since I was not going to have the cabinet above the tank anymore, I needed to find another means of filtration. So this time I went standard and put a REAL sump UNDERNEATH the tank, And I just drilled my 50 lagoon 

FINALIMG_4821.jpg

FINALIMG_4822.jpg

Edited by Bubbles
  • Like 3

Nice stand!
Kai, is it? Sorry if I'm mistaken...
You actually, got me more interested on the floating shelf ripping away from the wall, haha. I was waiting for you to say something crazy, like "it ripped away from the wall and crashed onto the floor, blood and guts everywhere..." Good thing you were able to rescue the tank and give it a stable foundation.
Lotta room under the hood, nice!

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's [emoji481]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Nice stand!
Kai, is it? Sorry if I'm mistaken...
You actually, got me more interested on the floating shelf ripping away from the wall, haha. I was waiting for you to say something crazy, like "it ripped away from the wall and crashed onto the floor, blood and guts everywhere..." Good thing you were able to rescue the tank and give it a stable foundation.
Lotta room under the hood, nice!

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

Yes, it's kai! lol that's funny, i have a golden dwarf in there that tank has like 24/7 bodyguards