Dustin’s Redsea E-260

Deuce00

Just got my Redsea E-260 up and running tonight. I purchased the optional lower sump with it. So far so good. Just letting a slow cycle begin. Most rock was left over from an old tank and dead. 80lbs pink Fiji sand. Aqueon 250w heater, 2 Hydra 26HD, my return pump is a pondmaster 950. Dustin

B586617A-6585-4795-82BB-74F1266FA0C1.jpeg

Edited by Deuce00
Added info
  • Like 6

Congrats on new tank. One suggestion I would make if you done mind is “open the rock work a little so you have better flow” and maybe move away from glass. It’s hard to tell in pictures but might have a tough time cleaning with rock so close

nice tank!! The Red Sea tanks look great 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, River City Corals said:

Congrats on new tank. One suggestion I would make if you done mind is “open the rock work a little so you have better flow” and maybe move away from glass. It’s hard to tell in pictures but might have a tough time cleaning with rock so close

nice tank!! The Red Sea tanks look great 

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve been thinking the same thing about the rocks. Been battling my wife on rock design lol. 

5 hours ago, freddyk said:

Very exciting. Those Red Sea aquariums are as slick as slick gets. Post a pic of the lower sump while it is in its 'clean' phase :)

Thank you. Will do on the sump after work tonight. 

Update. My tank cycled after around 3 weeks. Added my black clown from my previous cube. Few days later added a pajama cardinal. After another week added 5 blue/green chromis 1 Midas blenny and 1 Linespot flasher Wrasse. Dustin

154D8B8A-4252-44EA-8E8E-E534487BC2A1.jpeg

nice looking tank and i really like the midas blenny.  the red sea tanks and sumps are good looking setups.  maybe you have one but i would recommend a screen top for that tank with the midas blenny.  i've always been told they are jumpers.  i've had them in the past but have always had a screen top or some other kind of top to keep them from jumping out.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kilmca said:

nice looking tank and i really like the midas blenny.  the red sea tanks and sumps are good looking setups.  maybe you have one but i would recommend a screen top for that tank with the midas blenny.  i've always been told they are jumpers.  i've had them in the past but have always had a screen top or some other kind of top to keep them from jumping out.  

Thank you. Yes I do have a screen top thank you for suggestion.  Dustin 

Sounds like it it going well Dustin.  Always wanted a midas blenny but my blenny quotient is being taken up by a starry right now and have hesitated to mix them.   Looking forward to seeing some coral on all that rock work real estate but admire your patience - going about it the right way for sure.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...