New to the Forum, Semi-new to the Hobby

Aerinah

Wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I was referred here by Rose City Aquarium in Portland where I frequent. (queen)

I've been in the saltwater hobby now for 2 years (set-up my first system Oct 05). First system was a 55g acrylic "show" tank (funky round corners). I don't believe I had the patience or knowledge then to let it actually cycle the full 6 weeks you are supposed to and started buying fish from a store that's no longer in business and they sold me about $700 worth of equipment that I didn't need for a saltwater tank with corals and fish. Purchased a bunch of corals around Jan 06 from someone who was selling their tank and moving. :rolleyes:

After that venture, I met Woody at Seahorse Aquarium Supply who set me up with a 135g acrylic tank with stand and matching hood. I moved my 55g critters into this tank over a period of 3 weeks (live rock and sand being the first thing added to the tank live rock with corals and such being last). Lighting then was a 4' Compaq fluorescent with moonlights. My hood had 4" of clearance on the underside above the tank. I picked up a sump with a sock filter through Woody, and Steve (one of his old employees) came out and installed it for us. :D

Through Steve we replaced our old lights and hood with a new system, and are now running 4-6' VHO lights and a very nice new hood with 10-12" clearance above the tank and room for MH should my fiancée decide to let me add them (innocent)

Our tank is now 2 years old this month! (Happy birthday us lol) and is going rather well I'd say considering. (whistle)

We have a good stocking in our tank right now, with a few members in the tank who will be leaving us later due to for-seen problems that could arise. Anyway, here’s a list of what we have in the tank:

Fish:

4 Green Chromis (ranging from small ¾” to large 3”)

2 Oscelarus Clownfish (both aprox same size 2” but one is larger than the other)

2 Heniochus (1 medium sized one small?)

2 Bartlett’s Anthias (2f) Both same size, about 2”)

2 Mandarin Gobies (1m/1f) male 3” female 2”) currently spawning in the tank

1 Blue-lined Cleaner Wrasse (aprox 2”)

1 Leopard Wrasse (2-3”)

1 Red Choris (Choris Wrasse) (Same as leopard wrasse maybe just a hair larger) (sick)

1 Regal Tang (Dori) (4” nose to tail?)

1 Royal Gramma (2-3”)

1 Yellow Tang (large one easily)

1 Orange-spotted Shrimp Goby (3” or so)

1 Dragon Goby (4-5”)

Corals that I know the names of:

2 Bubble-tip Anemones (one large pink/green, one small white w/orange foot)

1 Long Tentacle Anemone

4-6 stalks of Pulsing Xenia

Hammer Coral (aka Frog Spawn)

Lots of Zooanthid colonies (what I’ve been told they were called) (wasnt me)

Large Button Polyps

3 different kinds Green Star Polyps (at least they all look different)

Gorganthid (looks like a green star but slightly different)

2 different color mushrooms (red and green)

Flower Pot (I think) (huh)

Inverts:

1 Horseshoe Crab

5 Emerald Crabs (1m/4f)

1 Conch

Several Turbo Snails, Narcissus (sp?) Snails, Margarita Snails

1 Mystery Crab (just found him 2 days ago) He’s white with spots and a black “thumb” I’m not sure what the correct terminology is I’m sorry. Any ideas what he might be? (scary)

2 Cleaner Shrimp

1 Peppermint Shrimp

I believe that is it as far as things in our tank. I’m sure we have other things in there that I have no idea about at this time. (daz)

Hope that’s a good enough introduction… Feel free to ask any questions you’d like. You may not get an answer back but your free to ask :D;)

I just wanted to personally welcome you to the PNWMAS. We hope to see you at a meeting in the future. This month we will be visiting a members home and discussing raising clownfish fry. You will find the info on our homepage at http://www.pnwmas.org. November will be a fraging demonstration, and December is our annual Christmas Party.

Nice photos. They were taken on my birthday.

Jay