What's a good ATO for a 20G sump?

katarian

2 minutes ago, katarian said:

Oh wow. That's like a fourth of the price.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

You also need to get a small pump for the controller to control, but pumps are cheap. I have a some used ones that I could sell you for cheap. I am close by in Corvallis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, katarian said:

Question for all of you guys:

What do you think of building one using an Arduino? I just saw an article where someone made one using it, also had it for temp control and other controls.

You could do it, but Reef Angel already exists and it is a Arduino-based controller. It is pretty cheap and easier than building one yourself.

http://www.reefangel.com/

• Like 1

You also need to get a small pump for the controller to control, but pumps are cheap. I have a some used ones that I could sell you for cheap. I am close by in Corvallis.
Hey that'd be really cool!
I will need a pump certainly if I go that route, or if building one using an Arduino.
I will keep you in mind :)

But if I decide to go Smart ATO, or Tunze, then I think I won't need one. :)

You could do it, but Reef Angel already exists and it is a Arduino-based controller. It is pretty cheap and easier than building one yourself.
http://www.reefangel.com/
This looks so cool!
But pretty expensive [emoji17] well cheaper than a lot of other controllers out there for sure haha
It's very tempting. Lol

But a DIY would be fun and a learning experience, and a lot cheaper (I think). I will have to see how much it really costs to build one, or asking people who have already worked on one before :)