Dr Tims? Or something better?

R-3

1 minute ago, Emerald525 said:

I think it works great. Just used it on a 25 Lagoon we put up for the grandkids and that along with live rock had almost no cycle. I have tried other brands but personally feel like the Dr. Tim’s works the best.

Does anyone local sell or just online? I cant find a consistent price online. Some places are $10 then $20 then $30 its weird.

2 minutes ago, Huntero1975 said:

Never used it my self but have good things from people I would trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats kinda why I am thinking about it. Heard the same thing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, R-3 said:

Does anyone local sell or just online? I cant find a consistent price online. Some places are $10 then $20 then $30 its weird.

I have only seen it online not local and depending where you look yes it’s amazing the variability if pricing. I didn’t get the ammonia this time as we were upgrading from a Nuvo 10 so we already had a clownfish in the tank. 

There is a very useful thread on Reef2Reef, especially the first few posts.  It is buried in the Fish Disease and Treatment forum, in a hospital tank thread, but it is just as useful for display tank cycling.  It discusses the difference between live bacteria products (like Dr. Tim's) and inert bacteria products (like Seachem Stability).  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ammonia-control-in-a-hospital-tank.296119/

As a lot of you know, I do a lot of fish quarantining and I use Instant Ocean BioSpira (which is a live bacteria product like Dr. Tim's) only because it is easier to obtain and less expensive.  I get it from Amazon.  Wherever you get it, check the "use by" date for this product.  Also, even though live bacteria gives instant results, don't get complacent about checking your ammonia levels.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I have used the Tims with great results. I have also used the IO Bio also with great results. I think both are good products. I also used the ammonia with both products as you get a bottle that lasts forever with a smaller tank........

Good luck whatever way you go.

For what it is worth i have gotten really good results with the prodibio products. they come in glass vials which ensures that they are oxygen free and therefore last a looooong time on the shelf. I think i paid $30-$40 dollars for like 20 vials.
I use them now to quickly cycle QT tanks for new fish. One vial and a sponge filter does the trick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2