April 2018 meeting pics CNC Party

badxgillen

Holy Smokes!  you all feel the same way about that last gathering as I do?

That meeting was Amazing!

It was probably the biggest and bestest shindig I have ever seen at Jeff's shop, wall to wall people, Boomin music, great corals, and really good food. Jeff and the PNWMAS Club really came through for this one folks. I am glad I did not miss out on this.

SAM_6312.JPG

Before even entering the building there were two tables of various side dishes and condiments provided along with a number of dishes brought by some of the members attending. There were also plenty of "Refreshments" on hand...I swear I saw a keg around there somewhere, but no jello shots like the party bus.

SAM_6314.JPG

We were all fortunate to have Chef Scott as our on hand grill man, working not one but two at a time! Thank you so much for coming in and manning those grills, you did it like a champ, and great food as always. Spectra is a man of many talents, so lets give him a mental applause for a moment.

And as usual the store was looking good...And Packed.

SAM_6340.JPG

Packed with customers AND Corals! This was no joke!

SAM_6355.JPG

Whatever you needed they about had it, Acroporas CHECK, Zoanthids CHECK, Bomb Mushrooms CHECK!

SAM_6330.JPG

I think this gentleman and I had the same feeling, this is so feaking cool I have no idea where to begin. A cooler in hand is a good place to start though, I like that kind of thinking.

As many of you know there were a few group buys for this meeting in particular and I think it all worked out rather well.

SAM_6483.JPG

Here we have PDXmonkey on the left scoping out a nice anemone to take home, which was hard because they were all very nice. Gill&Fin top middle was doing the wet work of getting those anemones bagged and handed out. And far right is Emerald being of assist in getting things in order, there were ALOT of participants on this one.

SAM_6492.JPG

Gumby on the left going in for a frag of that delicious looking CNC Acropora that is going up on another Grow Out contest.I believe that contest is being put together by the man to the right of Jim, ReefNJunkie. Eye on the prize, bragging rights and a very nice Acro.

SAM_6510.JPG

And then there was the happy recipients of the CNC Acans and the Zoanthid Grow Out contest frags. Fishoutofwater Let the games begin!!!

So Many people and so little time, at every tank in the store was a friendly conversation going on about the salt water hobby.

SAM_6321.JPG

Optimus Prime, left, looking into what Stylaster, Right, is pointing at. A killer Acro no doubt, he has an eye for that reef candy and there is plenty of that here at CNC.

The owner of Cuttlfish and Corals sees to it that there is no shortage of ocean goodness in stock, and speak of the devil.

SAM_6334.JPG

Here he is, the man himself. Thank You Jeff, for opening your store to us, helping out on the raffles, and for just being an all round cool guy. You and your crew did a bang up job, it was great and everything went like clock work, tell your staff that we appreciate them as well.

SAM_6372.JPG

Jorge right here working non stop while the meeting was rockin, he didn't skip a beat.

SAM_6377.JPG

Jack was also being put to the test with all the foot traffic in the shop but he was bagging livestock like it weren't no thing. At some points it was pretty intense but he kept his cool...Even when  the sumps kept running low from all  the bags of water taken out of it.

Just watching him made me want to grab some coral of my own to take  back  home.

SAM_6353.JPG

Anyone need a frag!? Why yes Miles, Yes I do. MilesMiles here leading the way to a nice looking batch. Hope the move went alright my man, feel free to hit me up when things settle down and you are wanting a couple frags again.

SAM_6443.JPG

Paratore here, getting a complete photo bomb by Lewisfisherman. A couple of real Zoa nuts, I need to swing by both your places at some point to check out the systems and get a trade on.

SAM_6449.JPG

Kai here plotting the next course of action. Don't worry buddy, the crowds are thick but there tanks are full, plenty for all.

SAM_6464.JPG

One of my main homies from the West Side! HigherThinking came over and brought me a beautiful favia, just because he is a nice guy. I will return the favor Andrew, you can bet on that my friend.

SAM_6497.JPG

I usually see David on the other side of the table, with me buying coral frags, nice seeing you able to enjoy yourself man.

SAM_6500.JPG 

ZoroReef, sounds like your new system is coming along just fine, and it sounds like you are being very selective on what is going in to the new tank. Just the most exquisite pieces yeah, the man knows what he wants.

SAM_6518.JPG

Trailerman getting his raffle on, he always seems to have a smile on his face, raffle or not, winning or not.

SAM_6502.JPG

And yet Another Sasquatch sighting, no doubt the party at Jeff's brought him out of hiding once again. And why are you not in the Zoa grow out!?

SAM_6515.JPG

Kasah Left, and Walt right, didn't get to chat with these gentlemen this time around but I do believe I will be competing in the Zoa GO against Kassah. Watch out man, these polyps are just getting ready to slip the jab.

SAM_6540.JPG

Rudy also came by and said whats up, The Golden Basket hanging in Cuttlefish and Corals, very cool. Rudy is opening up his place next month for the May meeting so be on the look out for more details on that.

SAM_6417.JPG

Danlu on the right having a good conversation with Gumby to the left. Looking forward to seeing some of the new advancements being made on the lighting frontier, keep us posted would you Daniel. And Jim, once I get my act together I will get you another little package going on of frags.

SAM_6320.JPG

Sharklover just chillin, once again we didn't get to talk much, but be sure there will be a next time.

SAM_6346.JPG

Lexinverts and Jeff having another in depth conversation. That Redsea reboot should be about past all its cycling stages and what not, I can get that slimer back to you when your ready.

SAM_6583.JPG

Well Jim here has been all over the place hasn't he? To the far left is KKnight our TFT coordinator. In the background you can kind of see R-3 and Paratore having a good old time...And obviously the man on the far right holding the fish food is Gumby.

SAM_6551.JPG

Look here, as cool as a cucumber it is our very own Albertareef! Always wiling to lend a helping hand, a stand up guy,  and now I believe he is about to get those raffles going on.

SAM_6574.JPG

Willapa taking away the Molokos Certificate, get that panini while you snag a frag man. A win win in Portland.

SAM_6565.JPG

Exodus got the Avast certificate he wanted, although I am not too sure you really need anything else for your system. It is pretty solid right now as is.

SAM_6560.JPG

Kingifhser got hooked up with the Coral magazine subsciption, YES!

SAM_6568.JPG

SRRoberts on the left in disbelief of Spectra, middle left, winning double time on the CNC gift certificates. Yeah Buddy!

SAM_6578.JPG

SAY WHAT!!! Paratore in for the Win! Radion in the Bag! Congratulations man, it is a sweet prize for sure, put it to good use yeah. 

Another thing that was cool was there was a number of families that attended, it is always nice to see a reefer educating his children in the hobby and the club interactions we partake in. Keeping a reef together takes alot of knowledge so get em started early. Here are some nice looking families in the hobby.

SAM_6481.JPG

Ron coming in and just dominating the rock flower anemone buy...The little tyke just couldn't take it anymore and went down for a nap. But I bet once those anemones are all opened up in the same spot they just POP and this kid will dig the in tank fireworks.

SAM_6526.JPG

Here Jeremyevens was equipped with the front baby harness, so this kid could get the best view of the frag tanks. Very clever.

SAM_6535.JPG

DJ came over from West Linn, always nice chatting with you man, and good to see the fam.

SAM_6403.JPG

We all got to see Robyna and BlackIce with their new baby.

SAM_6390.JPG

Just look at this kid.

SAM_6397.JPG

And isn't this shirt just too much? Love It!!! Grow that one out for sure.

There were plenty of familiar and unfamiliar faces at the meeting and I love that, just the right mix were people all feel welcome and just start opening up to one another.

SAM_6327.JPG

Here, Corals make everyone happy, its like a reefer ice breaker, just look at the smiles here...Genuine good times.

SAM_6428.JPG

And yet another cheerful hobbyist, Tesch with the contagious grin, the vibe in this room is so amazing. All the folks here are on the same wave length.

SAM_6406111.jpg

Kevin just happy to be here it seems, and who wouldn't be in this kind of reefer party. It was about as good as anyone could hope for really.

I have some more pictures that I can post up but I would also like to see some of the other pictures different people got of that day, you can only have so many vantage point by yourself yeah.

I want to say a BIG Thank You to all those involved, you know who you are Holy, Albertareeff, FlahyFins,...Especially Emerald for getting this all together and to Jeff for puling a lot of strings for us. The club appreciates it.

I had a great time and from what I can tell so dd everyone else, this was a Grand event.

Love you all, Reef On my PNWMAS People! Be seeing you on the forum yeah....And at our next meet.

Whoop Whoop!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Bert!  Killer write up and photos as always. Don’t know how you managed it in that crowd though - it was wall to wall reefers all afternoon. That took s crazy amount of organizing by Kim @Emerald525, Jeff @CuttleFishandCoral, Scott @spectra, and all the rest of the crew. Thanks again to everyone who chipped in to pull off an amazing meeting. That might be hard to top but don’t worry... we will be trying again on May 12th at Golden Basket and will give it our best shot!

• Like 3

Bert ,Always love your amazing write up! Wow there was a lot of people I missed! 

Thanks again @CuttleFishandCoral for all the amazing group buy deals . That was quite the crowd there!

This will be a hard meeting to top. Massive group buys ! A keg! Great food and lots of great members. The sound system was amazing too!

This was a lot of fun !

3 hours ago, chewie said:

I see Steve Weast! Hi Steve! Anyone else see him? Where's Waldo? 

Dang!  Sorry I missed that.  I still recall when Saltwater Fantasea (at the time) had a couple of his cold water tanks in the shop - he had some awesome box fish in there.  Did you happen to come by Jon?