Stores in vancouver area?

gradth

1 hour ago, gradth said:

So I have been out of it for a while and since ocean in a box seems to have closed, are there any stores in the couve anymore?

There's actually a great new store that opened up in the same area that Ocean in a Box used to be in. It's called Neptune's Corals. Check them out. It's just a small place currently but they are looking to expand once they get business going strong. They currently have 4 50gallon breeder tanks set up for coral frags and colonies along with some newly set up fish holding tanks. Tons of coral in their frag tanks everywhere from $5 frags and up. They will also even frag stuff on the spot depending on what it is. They will also order specific things if you are looking for something they might not have.

• Like 2

They posted on our Facebook site once advertising and I removed their post and sent them a message about sponsorship but heard nothing back.
Yeah, about that...
I don't know what to say. Maybe that issue should be revisited by someone on the board. I think they felt a bit unwanted...

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's [emoji481]

2 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Yeah, about that...
I don't know what to say. Maybe that issue should be revisited by someone on the board. I think they felt a bit unwanted...

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

Honestly I didn’t know if they were still around. Of course we are always interested in potential sponsors. Maybe they just didn’t get the message ?  It would certainly be good to know about any Vancouver stores. 😀

• Like 1

Honestly I didn’t know if they were still around. Of course we are always interested in potential sponsors. Maybe they just didn’t get the message ?  It would certainly be good to know about any Vancouver stores. [emoji3]
I will pm you later about what I heard from Rhett and Bobby...

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's [emoji481]

• Like 1

Bobby and Rhett are the owners. If you can get bobby to show you his office tank it’s pretty rediculous. My good friend is buddies with them and I have watched them grow from an idea. Pretty cool. 

They have a ton of really nice frog spawns and hammers etc there and they have a water system hooked up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Honestly I didn’t know if they were still around. Of course we are always interested in potential sponsors. Maybe they just didn’t get the message ?  It would certainly be good to know about any Vancouver stores. 😀

Would definitely be good to get any Vancouver stores hooked up on here since we have so many members on that side of the river.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, gradth said:

Fyi, i stopped in to Neptune's Corals last weekend.  Super friendly, good selections of coral and fish.  Not a very big place but it is very nice. was impressed. 

Definitely! I've gotten quite a few great frags from them. They are also willing to frag stuff from their main displays if things are doing well which they have been. 

• Like 1

Does this store have live rock for sale? I’m up in Vancouver and just set up a tank but need a couple pest free live rock pieces to seed my tank with. 

Edit: never mind looks like they are only open from 3-6 so couldn’t make it there anyways. 

Edited by CrazyInside

• 3 weeks later...
Bobby and Rhett are the owners. If you can get bobby to show you his office tank it’s pretty rediculous. My good friend is buddies with them and I have watched them grow from an idea. Pretty cool. 
They have a ton of really nice frog spawns and hammers etc there and they have a water system hooked up. 

Good to k ow Bobby is still in the game. Before I knew OIAB was in trouble I bought a Duncan from Bobby and it’s doing very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havent been there yet and still pissed about OIAB...................

It was a great place to go for needed things and well even at times a few nice things were in there to buy........yeah Jason rubbed a few people the wrong way but was still a good guy to deal with.

Someone open up a real shop in the couve please.................ok stepping off my soap box..........

• Like 1

It was a great place to go for needed things and well even at times a few nice things were in there to buy........yeah Jason rubbed a few people the wrong way but was still a good guy to deal with.

Someone open up a real shop in the couve please.................ok stepping off my soap box..........
Haha... You need to check it out. It really isn't bad for such a small place. His stuff, I would say, is much nice then Jason's. Not nearly enough fish nor space! They're getting there, tho. They plan on opening a bigger shop, just finding the best location. Anywho, if you find the time, check it out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, spectra said:

Maybe you could open one? Seems like you wouldn't have to much competition. I know I'd enjoy not driving to Portland every time I need something :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spectra said:

Step up and do it, Scott! I was shocked to see OIAB gone when I dropped by; Jason has always been pleasant to work with, although ive heard not everybody had the same experience.

• Like 1