Spots on my clown

littlenano

I just noticed my clown has lots of little white spots on him that were not there yesterday. I spent half the day yesterday just sitting and watching him so i know for a fact they were not there. I turned the light on this morning and lots of spots. I am not sure what to so. I have treated ick in a freshwater tank but don't know what to do with it in a saltwater tank. Advise please 

Pictures would be helpful but you can also google Ich for pictures.Treating requires taking the fish out and treating with cupramine or hyposalinity. If it truly is Ich , I honestly don’t do anything if the fish looks okay and is eating well. Many fish will fight it off. I know this isn’t the popular answer but personally I have found taking the fish out and then throwing them in a tank and treating with copper stresses them out. If it is Marine velvet or Brookynella then you need to get the fish out and treat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Pictures would be helpful but you can also google Ich for pictures.Treating requires taking the fish out and treating with cupramine or hyposalinity. If it truly is Ich , I honestly don’t do anything if the fish looks okay and is eating well. Many fish will fight it off. I know this isn’t the popular answer but personally I have found taking the fish out and then throwing them in a tank and treating with copper stresses them out. If it is Marine velvet or Brookynella then you need to get the fish out and treat.

I arrived at the same conclusions after a lengthy battle with ich.  It's not ideal but it also doesn't seem to bother healthy fish at all.  Even ones showing cysts typically get better with good food and good conditions.  Bullying tankmates are a prime example of a bad condition here.  Velvet got me eventually though and I heavily agree that and brook need to be dealt with immediately or they will deal with themselves by killing a lot of host fish. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 8:10 AM, Emerald525 said:

This is the same thing I've found.  The very best luck I've had is with hypo-salinity.  This article by Terry Bartelme has excellent information in it with the exact salinity needed for different issues or simply acclimating.  https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/6/fish