Apex extension chord

Bevo5

I want to use my apex controller to manage a 2nd tank across the room. My plan is to run that tank off an EB8, but is there an APEX extension chord to hook it up to the home unit? I'm confused by the various options out there...would a regular UBS cable work?

On 4/23/2018 at 2:13 PM, Bevo5 said:

I want to use my apex controller to manage a 2nd tank across the room. My plan is to run that tank off an EB8, but is there an APEX extension chord to hook it up to the home unit? I'm confused by the various options out there...would a regular UBS cable work?

No a regular USB cord will not work! Neptune uses what they call an Aquabus, it's there fancy name for a "Type A" USB Cable More Specifically A "Male to Male" connection, as most USB cords follow consistent color code, look for white on both ends, but that might not always neccisarily be the case so just ensure you know what your buying. You can mount an EB8 under the cabinet of the other tank, plug it in and run a Type A/Aquabus USB/Cable to the other EB8, module or Brain on the Apex.

4 minutes ago, cjmdh said:

That's funny my 6 dollar amazon USB cable works fine!  The only warning Apex gives you is that Aquabus runs at 12V not 5V like USB, so don't plug your Apex into a USB port or vise versa. 

Which means your using the Standard USB Type A, and it's "Passive" which makes up the most of what people have laying around. The concern though if you don't know what your looking at and happen to have a longer USB cable like what may be needed to connect his EB8's your taking a chance that there may be an amplifier on it. In that case you can burn out a module and void your warranty, as Neptune explicitly states not to use them.