Sticky Finger Fishtank Nuvo 25 Lagoon!!

Emerald525

@MrBret and @MrsBret I traded a few frags .

We got the grandkids hooked with a Nuvo10 that we got a smoking deal on and now they are trading up to a Nuvo 25 Lagoon.

F8FD13C4-1B4B-4B9E-848A-BC003561BF4D.jpeg

For this sweet set up!

:peace: Granted they were some high dollar ones like a Flaming Mohican, Flaming hornets and Jason Fox Azzkraks. Bret actually got the better end of the deal. Cuttlefish provides the live sand no cost ! (Well ok there may have been a Walt Disney frag he owed me store credit for )

8DE4C6AA-903C-46F5-AF74-B85F27D49EE3.jpeg

• Like 1

Three weeks ago Sirena and I set it up!

The grandkids were so excited !!

I always use Dr. Tim’s! I personally think this works better than some of the other denitrifying bacteria brands. This was the original!

5EE1A1CA-A078-4CC0-9796-7EEFA3ABC5CD.jpegMy goal was to trade as much as I could from my frag tank and traded some nice Rainbow Rhinos for this Cobalt heater!

(Sidenote Mr. Bret has a weakness for zoas . He actually hand delivered this tank when I mentioned high end zoas)

Light is an AI prime HD and I had an extra MP10wqd)

(This is why I don’t sell these because they always come in handy)

4456BC26-42B3-49D5-BC46-0CEE68C3E516.jpeg

I took live rock from my frag tank sump and used live sand so there was not much of a cycle.

AFC37F93-1477-48D3-92BD-41DADB594A78.jpeg35302837-564F-4D2F-B365-58DA4E0B3930.jpeg

938A0E8D-376A-4807-B82E-B9C719FB9437.jpeg

• Like 1

Today we stopped at Cuttle Fish and Coral! Saw several forum members there as usual.

Picked up a torch , scarlet hermits , a fire shrimp and a fighting conch. The grandkids were really excited particularly for the Flame Angel. I normally don’t risk them in my tank but this is going to be mostly softy lps so not too worried and they are just such cool fish! Rearranged the rock work and also added a few things from my frag tank!

Sirena and I did a 5 gallon water change but tank was looking prettty good! I actually expected more hair algae since it’s by the window but there wasn’t much !0DA5FBB7-F553-40FE-8482-C541C3DAD943.jpegBDC67194-82B3-4462-A9E0-5AC65B64EA12.jpegE19C4A5E-1B3F-41E2-B498-3BF59E234B6B.jpeg

:clap:

@CuttleFishandCoral great to see you as always thanks again! Isella loved handling the hermits and snails!

• Like 2

Just now, Flash21 said:

Welcome to the Lagoon club! We have two and love them! Soon will upgrade to a 50!  Good looking tank! 

Definitely love the footprint ! Shaka (Sirena’s daughter was told multiple times do NOT get rid of this tank as I will take it back and probably set it up myself) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

They are so stinkin cute!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And you started it Randall. They were hooked with the Nuvo 10 that I now have. They started with freshwater but see all the cool stuff you can get with a saltwater tank.

It is called the sticky fingers tank because we just wiped away all the finger prints only to have them put their hands all over it again!😀

Isella got great pleasure tossing in the snails!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Makes me happy that I had a hand in it! The name is perfect haha i think i wiped my tank down like 13 times a day from Ella talking to the fish :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lol yeah and seeing their smiles and hearing their squeals of excitement , I would wipe it down gladly 100 times . 😀 They absolutely love that clownfish of yours. It’s so tame and tolerates all of the tapping on the glass they do and sticking their fingers in. Ella trained him well.  Tell her he has a really great home where he is loved. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

I love these Nuvo Tanks!!  Glad to see the young ones taking on an interest in this hobby...Way to go Kim starting to feed the ADDICITION at such a young age!! lol

Hey my own kids couldn’t care less so just makes me happy the grandkids get so excited ! 😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Haha!  I see they are hooked... always looking to upgrade!  Nice little tank - love the dimensions on that lagoon.  Yeah, I'm not sure I would count a Walt Disney frag as "no cost".

BTW - am I imagining things or is Bret's hair green? @MrBret

Yeah the only one who got a tank at no cost was the grandkids. 😀 I was just saying I used Coral instead of cash!😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

That's awesome they got an upgrade! I love the name.  

Thanks Greg!

They moved and had more floor space than counter space and I was wanting a Nuvo 10 so it worked well. It lives up to the name. There were hand prints all over it!😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks great but the OCD side of me has to say that light is crooked as hell :laugh: fix it before the next pics are taken ;)

Let me know if you want any frags I am sure  I can come up with something for them...........

Lol I was kind of like what was the point of straightening it it was just gonna her moved again. Kind of had the same feeling when we wiped down the outside 5 times! :unsure:

Thanks for the offer! They aren’t far from you and I’m sure they would love a few hallucination polyps !😉  I bet they would love some of the branching gap. By the way , are there any nearby fish stores where they could get RO water? We can’t always make it up there from Portland quickly. I heard OIAB was closed .

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Lol I was kind of like what was the point of straightening it it was just gonna her moved again. Kind of had the same feeling when we wiped down the outside 5 times! :unsure:

Thanks for the offer! They aren’t far from you and I’m sure they would love a few hallucination polyps !😉  I bet they would love some of the branching gap. By the way , are there any nearby fish stores where they could get RO water? We can’t always make it up there from Portland quickly. I heard OIAB was closed .

Yeah OIAB is gone now............no stores that I know of. Hell if they need water let me know I can drop it off they are not to far. I have a bunch of the gsp also......just let me know.

Not sure hallucinations are good with that angel :unsure: 

Oh and take that IM sticker off there to :laugh: that is one thing that bugs me on the IM tanks.........not sure how many pics I see with that sticker still on there........

Edited by spectra

5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah OIAB is gone now............no stores that I know of. Hell if they need water let me know I can drop it off they are not to far. I have a bunch of the gsp also......just let me know.

i'm sure it will find them very tasty!  Actually seen quite a few flames in mixed reefs so not sure how bad they actually are about that.

5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Great ! I will let you know if they run out again m. We were in Florida when she got low. I should’ve thought to ask you. That sucks that there aren’t any good stores in the Couve. And if the flame angel gets a taste for zoas I will take them off their hands !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Great ! I will let you know if they run out again m. We were in Florida when she got low. I should’ve thought to ask you. That sucks that there aren’t any good stores in the Couve. And if the flame angel gets a taste for zoas I will take them off their hands !

No problem they are about 15 mins away and close to Butcher Boys........so during business hours is great :laugh:

1 minute ago, spectra said:

No problem they are about 15 mins away and close to Butcher Boys........so during business hours is great :laugh:

Lol you had mentioned that place before.😀 I think they will be fine now as I got another 5 gallon jug so they will have ten gallons at a time.

On 4/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, Emerald525 said:

Today we stopped at Cuttle Fish and Coral! Saw several forum members there as usual.

Picked up a torch , scarlet hermits , a fire shrimp and a fighting conch. The grandkids were really excited particularly for the Flame Angel. I normally don’t risk them in my tank but this is going to be mostly softy lps so not too worried and they are just such cool fish! Rearranged the rock work and also added a few things from my frag tank!

Sirena and I did a 5 gallon water change but tank was looking prettty good! I actually expected more hair algae since it’s by the window but there wasn’t much !0DA5FBB7-F553-40FE-8482-C541C3DAD943.jpegBDC67194-82B3-4462-A9E0-5AC65B64EA12.jpegE19C4A5E-1B3F-41E2-B498-3BF59E234B6B.jpeg

:clap:

@CuttleFishandCoral great to see you as always thanks again! Isella loved handling the hermits and snails!

Oh my gosh they are so adorable! ♡