So I just noticed my yellow tang is barely getting some ick on him and my puffer it looks like it just started I need help from you experts on a way that I may cure this with everyone inside of that's possible? 

Thx be blessed 

This sounds negative but it’s just the reality. If you have a fish only tank then it’s easy. If you have a reef, it’s not easy. 

There is no way to cure a reef tank of ich except to go fallow for 75 days. Nothing thAt actually works is reef safe. Now. Someone will post directly after this saying they did xyz. Or put garlic in. Or tried some product. And maybe the ich subsided because the fish got a bit more tolerant. But the ich will be in the tank living in the gills and waiting. It will not be gone. 

I spent six months searching for something. I spoke to experts on multiple sites. I tried multiple products. I bought a $500 uv. It didn’t matter. The ich always came back. The only way to cure a reef tank is to go fallow. 

Take the fish out and treat them in a different tank. Ich is super easy to cure. So annoyingly easy. Just not in a reef  

If you invent a reef safe cure you’ll be a millionaire. So get to it!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Like that! Lol

Okay so what would. I need to put in the other tank to help cure them ? 

Edited by Allthingscoral
Info

56 minutes ago, Allthingscoral said:

Like that! Lol

Okay so what would. I need to put in the other tank to help cure them ? 

If you have them in a QT tank without inverts I know you can use copper to treat Ich. There are also numerous commercial products to treat Ich. 

As mentioned above, set up a quarantine tank, move some media from the current Display to the QT (Remember to toss this media when done do not move it back) Get yourself some Cupramine & a Copper Test kit, follow the recommended treatment on the bottle, do NOT Let your fish back into the display for at least 60 Days, the more the better for all parasites to die off. When treatment is complete and tank has been left fallow, fill a bucket (water change from the main display) acclimate the fish into that bucket to rinse whatever copper is on them off then introduce them back to the display. Not a fun process, but the only way to ensure you get rid of it.

Well as @Bevo5 mentioned in earlier post, if you have corals in that tank, you shouldn't expect to fight a parasite with any sort of chemical concoction without there being repercussions. Keep in mind a QT is just that, it doesn't have to replicate your Display, it is only meant for holding. I have seen puffers & Tangs kept in 15 & 20 Gallon tanks at the LFS without an issue. Obviously it's not the most ideal situation, but the point is to provide a cure, not a luxury. 

I would post a WTB add or look for a PetCo this weekend doing the $1 per Gallon Sale and look for a 40 Breeder, reach out to the local reefer community on this forum and I'm sure there will be several people willing to loan you a heater, HOB Filter, Air Pump, and whatever else equipment needed for the task. Good Luck!

Thx so much for all who helped with the awesome knowledge,  on the road to recovery all my fish have  just about  lost all the white dots thx exodus for the heads up on the Petco deal 

Thx 

God bless 

6 hours ago, Allthingscoral said:

Thx so much for all who helped with the awesome knowledge,  on the road to recovery all my fish have  just about  lost all the white dots thx exodus for the heads up on the Petco deal 

Thx 

God bless 

Glad to hear you were able to intervene in time. As long as you leave the display tank fallow (as mentioned above) before reintroducing fish you should be in good shape. 

Glad to hear you are taking the board's advice. Many times people hate the idea of going fallow and just try to muscle through it. The problem is that ich's lifecycle makes it seem like the issue resolves itself. I didn't go fallow once because the ich subsided. Then, I added a couple new fish (after QT) and the ich exploded back. 

Lesson learned though - the only safe way to ensure no ich is to QT everything, which can be unrealistic. But QT'ing fish with prazi/cupramine is generally the best way to make sure nothing nasty gets in the tank. If I had the means, though, I'd QT every rock and piece of coral I put in the tank since spores can live for a very long time.

if they dry out, ich spores die immediately.

hence the tank transfer method of QT for ich, no need to bleach, just rinse and let dry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk