May meeting ideas!

Emerald525

What would you like to see at the May 12 meeting at Golden Basket?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see at the May 12 meeting at Golden Basket?

• More group buys
    • Fun contests trivia, etc
    • Margarita machine with nonalcholic option
    • Dress a member as a pinata and beat the hell out of them
    • Lower dollar raffle prizes but more prizes (corals, etc)
    • Fewer prizes but high dollar ones
    • Group buy growout
    • Other great ideas

This last meeting was so awesome! Thanks again Jeff for making it an epic legendary meeting! :clap:

I would like to continue the trend of awesomeness and have great food, great deals and fun at the May meeting! They may meeting will be Saturday May 12 at Golden Basket Reef. If you have never heard of this place you are missing out! Rudy is nationally known and people like Jason Fox buy from him. He was in the past a wholesaler so he has a large operation of tanks and tanks of coral goodness! SPS, torches, mushrooms, zoas, euphyllia you name it!

If you went to the frag show and loved the food you will be excited Sirena and Scott are going to collaborate and do street tacos with all the fixings including those awesome beans he made last time!

I am also looking in to getting a Margarita/Daquiri machine with nonalcoholic options available for those who are driving! (Please be responsible, Uber or Lyft or get a designated driver or drink moderately)

What would you like to see at this meeting?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Given the “volunteer” mentioned in another thread I have my concerns about option four but hey, it’s all for a good cause right?

I do kind of dig the margarita machine idea though. Could always distribute tickets/coupons for drinks to keep it reasonable.

That's an excellent idea! I mean the coupon/tickets not the piñata idea!🤔

16 minutes ago, Exodus said:

I hear Rudy has some solid connections in the reefing world, I think it would only make sense to attempt a group buy, that is if he is on board and all.

I talked to him at Jeff’s meeting and he was on board with doing group buys.

5 minutes ago, Manny Tavan said:

Grab bags would be fun. Like what Jeff had for thanksgiving

Were these the mystery bags?  I couldn’t make the Black Friday deals.

11 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Were these the mystery bags?  I couldn’t make the Black Friday deals.

Yep - they were divided up as LPS and SPS but otherwise a mystery.  I missed out on them also but recall the frenzy!  At least that is my recollection... (insert failing memory joke here)

This last meeting was so awesome! Thanks again Jeff for making it an epic legendary meeting! :clap:
I would like to continue the trend of awesomeness and have great food, great deals and fun at the May meeting! They may meeting will be Saturday May 12 at Golden Basket Reef. If you have never heard of this place you are missing out! Rudy is nationally known and people like Jason Fox buy from him. He was in the past a wholesaler so he has a large operation of tanks and tanks of coral goodness! SPS, torches, mushrooms, zoas, euphyllia you name it!
If you went to the frag show and loved the food you will be excited Sirena and Scott are going to collaborate and do street tacos with all the fixings including those awesome beans he made last time!
I am also looking in to getting a Margarita/Daquiri machine with nonalcoholic options available for those who are driving! (Please be responsible, Uber or Lyft or get a designated driver or drink moderately)
What would you like to see at this meeting?

Rudy’s place is incredible, I buy from him a lot, most recently tonight I bought 4 corals. I’m excited about a Margarita/ daiquiri bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sroberts said:

Would there be enough people interested to get an educational round table discussion about growing SPS or some other skill that many of our members

seem to possess?  We have lots of members that have tons of hands on experience.

Great idea. We have lots of sps masters. This would be a great topic for this or even a future meeting.

• Like 1