May Meeting Save the Date!!

Emerald525

So hopefully you have had time to recover from the awesome meeting we had this weekend! Well we have another awesome meeting for May!:clap:

It's going to be at Golden Basket with Rudy the godfather of coral! Rudy does primarily online sales and he is nationally known for his corals. People like Jason Fox shop from him!

You're going to be in for a real treat to actually visit his place! We will have raffles and are planning all sort of things!

If you liked the food at the frag show last year there will be more of the same. Sirena and Scott are going to do street tacos , beans and all the fixings! It's going to be a late Cinco de Mayo party!:peace:

When: Saturday May 12

Time: TBA

https://www.facebook.com/goldenbasket/

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

So hopefully you have had time to recover from the awesome meeting we had this weekend! Well we have another awesome meeting for May!:clap:

It's going to be at Golden Basket with Rudy the godfather of coral! Rudy does primarily online sales and he is nationally known for his corals. People like Jason Fox shop from him!

You're going to be in for a real treat to actually visit his place! We will have raffles and are planning all sort of things!

If you liked the food at the frag show last year there will be more of the same. Sirena and Scott are going to do street tacos , beans and all the fixings! It's going to be a late Cinco de Mayo party!:peace:

When: Saturday May 12

Time: TBA

Sweet! I might be recovered from Cinco De Mayo by then :)

Edited by R-3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Salted_Waffles said:

This is right before my birthday, so hopefully I can go and maybe even find myself an early birthday present! 

You should have no problem finding something. If you ever dreamed of seeing what a wholesale operation looked like and dreamed of shopping where there are tanks and tanks of coral, this is the place for you!

Check our more pictures on his Facebook site :

87B45E88-A98E-411A-8C30-336321C5D86C.jpeg490B915F-06EB-4589-BE94-C2D4698FDBD2.jpegD2A8B8F8-1A0E-4DB8-84D0-1C45269CF657.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

You should have no problem finding something. If you ever dreamed of seeing what a wholesale operation looked like and dreamed of shopping where there are tanks and tanks of coral, this is the place for you!

Check our more pictures on his Facebook site :

87B45E88-A98E-411A-8C30-336321C5D86C.jpeg490B915F-06EB-4589-BE94-C2D4698FDBD2.jpegD2A8B8F8-1A0E-4DB8-84D0-1C45269CF657.jpeg

Ever since I knew I’d miss the April one and was told there’d be one in May at this place I’ve been drooling over the pictures online.

My comment about being able to find something was more about finding something that I want as well as can afford.😜

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salted_Waffles said:

Ever since I knew I’d miss the April one and was told there’d be one in May at this place I’ve been drooling over the pictures online.

My comment about being able to find something was more about finding something that I want as well as can afford.😜

Well I have been talking to Rudy about doing some more group buys so maybe we can get some things that are affordable and cool!

• Like 2

You're still young you can do it! Heck maybe we can get a margarita machine! :peace:
I have a Margarator!

Works perfect for a small group of 4 to 5 people, but I anticipate 20 or more people showing, so it's probably not gonna work out. We'd need one of those slushy/icee machines from 7-11 to keep up with the demand, that's for sure!

The meets are getting better and better with thumpin' beats and a keg at our last meet, and now possibly a Margarita machine! Let's do it!!! I'm always down for a little partying, especially when corals and alcohol and whatever else are invloved... [emoji6]

Let the PNWMAS Reef Rave continue....[emoji41]

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's [emoji481]

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

I have a Margarator!

Works perfect for a small group of 4 to 5 people, but I anticipate 20 or more people showing, so it's probably not gonna work out. We'd need one of those slushy/icee machines from 7-11 to keep up with the demand, that's for sure!

The meets are getting better and better with thumpin' beats and a keg at our last meet, and now possibly a Margarita machine! Let's do it!!! I'm always down for a little partying, especially when corals and alcohol and whatever else are invloved... emoji6.png

Let the PNWMAS Reef Rave continue....emoji41.png

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

PNWMAS Reef Rave it is! Sirena was looking in more of those slushy type industrial strength machines like you see at sporting events!  Sound system would be kinda fun too ! Anyone have one?

This isn't a meeting! It's a party!:YayWave:

• Like 1

PNWMAS Reef Rave it is! Sirena was looking in more of those slushy type industrial strength machines like you see at sporting events!  Sound system would be kinda fun too ! Anyone have one?
Who supplied the music equipment at our last meet? I believe, Jeff mentioned it was Kai, that had the sound system...maybe we can convince him to bring it to the meeting [emoji847][emoji847]

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's [emoji481]

34 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Who supplied the music equipment at our last meet? I believe, Jeff mentioned it was Kai, that had the sound system...maybe we can convince him to bring it to the meeting emoji847.pngemoji847.png

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

I thought of that but Saturday is usually the busiest day at a fish store and I imagine Kai will be working hard bagging coral.

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

I do have a PA if we decide we want one.  Would leave the audio source up to someone else as I don't have a large library catalogued.  

Just now, Emerald525 said:

Oh that works ! Can we plug it into an iPhone ? I have I tunes !

Should work - probably need the audio jack adaptor... may have one around.  I also have a Tidal subscription so could stream from that on a laptop if we had WiFi - just don't have any local files to work from.

12 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Should work - probably need the audio jack adaptor... may have one around.  I also have a Tidal subscription so could stream from that on a laptop if we had WiFi - just don't have any local files to work from.

I have lots of downloaded music and Sirena does too so wouldn’t need to rely on the WiFi but I’m sure Rudy also has WIFI available!

Sweet Reef Rave 2.0 !!

1 hour ago, Salted_Waffles said:

I had a quick question about meet ups, is it taboo to bring frags with hopes to sell/trade them to other members? 

Absolutely encouraged. We will get a frag swap thread up! I actually had on my notes I was going to bring you some hardy sps in trade for some zoas that you have !😀

I also have been talking to Rudy and he is donating lots of raffle items and we will have more group buys so keep posted !!!

• Like 1