So I recently set up a maxspect gyre XF250 which came with controller for my 180, question is does anyone know if the controller would work on an XF230 as well? I know it can control 2 units but I’m unaware of there are any difference with the 230 and 250’s. Reason I’m wondering is because even with the 250 I’ve noticed a couple areas that aren’t getting much flow and started noticing cyano growth. 

I’m not 100% but I’m pretty sure it only works with the same model of gyre so I don’t believe you can. 

Ok was just curious I mean it’s only $40 or so more for just the unit but was just thinking it might be over kill. But I may eventually just do that route

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By marine depot
      ENDS TODAY: 0% APR financing for 3, 6, or 12 months

This special offer ends @ midnight!

Pay over time on Abyzz, Maxspect, Reef Octopus, IceCap, AutoAqua, Giesemann, and CoralVue!

• By marine depot
      0% APR Financing: Abyzz, Maxspect, Reef Octopus, IceCap, AutoAqua, Giesemann, and CoralVue
      For a limited time, choose Affirm at checkout and pay over 3, 6, or 12 months from 0% APR for qualified customers when you purchase $300 or more of Abyzz, Reef Octopus, AutoAqua, IceCap, Maxspect, Giesemann, and CoralVue brand products.*

*Available to U.S. residents only. Previous purchases ineligible for offer. Offer subject to change at any time. Pay over 3, 6, or 12 months with financing rates from 0-30% APR. Eligibility for financing and rates are based on applicant’s creditworthiness. Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, New Jersey-state chartered bank, member FDIC. Your cart must contain $300 or more worth of Abyzz, Reef Octopus, AutoAqua, IceCap, Maxspect, Giesemann, and/or CoralVue products to qualify for this promotion. Offer available from 3/12/18-3/26/18.

• By marine depot
      The IceCap 1K Gyre Pump Is Here!
      Fully controllable linear flow for 20-50+ gallon aquariums

• By marine depot
      Perfect Pairs: Sweet Separately, Better Together!
      ❤ Happy Valentine's Day! ❤