Official CNC Zoanthid Grow Out Thread

Well I may be out before it even starts :shock: mine still hasn't opened up..........I may have got a dud [emoji23] 
I'm somewhat in the same boat, Scott. Mine hasn't opened yet either. Was excited to see that I got a chunky frag at first (about 5 closed polyps) but would rather had 2 polyps fully open. Not giving up hope just yet....fingers crossed.

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's [emoji481]

• Like 1

Ok soooooooo here it goes...........

100 gallon tank

40 breeder sump cut in half for a fuge on one side and skimmer and return on the other......

MP 40 for flow and return is a Vectra M1

Run an Apex DOS but last time  I checked the apex needed a update and well me and computers hare each other :laugh: only reason  got the apex was for the DOS and it runs my heaters........

Ok so on to the pics..........still hasn't opened may be a dud.....

Hallusinations are just fine though :laugh:

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

I'm somewhat in the same boat, Scott. Mine hasn't opened yet either. Was excited to see that I got a chunky frag at first (about 5 closed polyps) but would rather had 2 polyps fully open. Not giving up hope just yet....fingers crossed.

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

Get the details posted............just posted pics of my polyps.......not sure whats going on.

1 hour ago, spectra said:

100 gallon tank

40 breeder sump cut in half for a fuge on one side and skimmer and return on the other......

Run an Apex DOS but last time  I checked the apex needed a update and well me and computers hare each other :laugh: only reason  got the apex was for the DOS and it runs my heaters........

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

Well those acro frags look good anyway!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spectra said:

100 gallon tank

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

I think I know why! I stole your zoa powers...by placing my bag next to yours in Holly’s container I am now going to be the zoa master haha (in a evil voice) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well I’m out! :wacko: I checked the tank yesterday and there were 4 polyps and now there is an empty plug!:shock:  Maybe I will find these floating in the tank. Those of you with closed polyps have a better chance than me!:joking: I was only in this for the trash talking and bragging rights so not a big loss. I suppose I have a month to find them ! :fish:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Well I’m out! :wacko: I checked the tank yesterday and there were 4 polyps and now there is an empty plug!:shock:  Maybe I will find these floating in the tank. Those of you with closed polyps have a better chance than me!:joking: I was only in this for the trash talking and bragging rights so not a big loss. I suppose I have a month to find them ! :fish:

Ouch! That was fast. Kind of puts a damper on the trash talking - I was looking forward to that. 😕

• Like 1

First Post

20gal Nuvo Fushion Mixed Reef

iTgrowit2 led/AI Prime HD

Jeabo pp4 wave maker (I mess with it and give random flows sometimes)

400gph retuen pump (will be upgrading to a sicce 1.5 in the near future)

Ghost skimmer

spin streams

fuge in one of the back chambers

parameters:  Sal 1.025 Alk 9  Cal 450 Mg 1350 no3 5-10 phos? no test

Running some carbon,  bag of purigen, and just starting to run some gfo in a reactor but might switch it to a bag

2 fish chalk Bass and firefish goby, fire shrimp, electric blue hermit, scarlet hermit, mixed red and blue leg hermits, turbos astreia trocus snails and a emerald crab and a sexy shrimp that i added yesterday and havent seen it since i added it.

Mainly SPS 40 specimens, lps 10 specimens, green toadstool leather, shrooms and lots of zoas and palys 50 specimins

Acclimating frag in a rack on right side of tank a little lower than half way of my tank for now under the AI Prime so not sure of proper placement of frag yet as i am doing some rearranging right now

.e3c3f3b7134fc875f522b0fb1d5d8670.jpg4b4d988e218fa21b6a1cdec6a08bc129.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

a0382384a15e3f95837c1906b5665ff2.jpgd7a40d8af1bbd21160532b8c3922d22e.jpgdef758caaf68fddc5453d095389b6cf3.jpg216bf7ce659c00e412846b63ac431cbe.jpg

Edited by lewisriverfisherman
updated information and added FTS
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, jtarmitage said:

I think someone 👆 is going to need a bigger tank soon lol. 

As for mine, I think they're done. After falling off the plug an ending up against my closed loop intake screen. They're all but gone at this point😡

Oh that sucks. At least I enjoyed mine for a week before they blew off the plug. Still looking for them ..:teardrop:

By the way I have another OME. I forgot about it and it was under the overflow box.  Since it’s not in mint condition I will let you have it.  I can bring it to the meeting and maybe you can give me a piece of the pink boobies. 

Jeff said he would replace frags lost in the first week by the way.

22 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Oh that sucks. At least I enjoyed mine for a week before they blew off the plug. Still looking for them ..:teardrop:

By the way I have another OME. I forgot about it and it was under the overflow box.  Since it’s not in mint condition I will let you have it.  I can bring it to the meeting and maybe you can give me a piece of the pink boobies. 

Jeff said he would replace frags lost in the first week by the way.

Heck yes 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Well, hopefully you find them somewhere! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jtarmitage said:

I think someone 👆 is going to need a bigger tank soon lol. 

As for mine, I think they're done. After falling off the plug an ending up against my closed loop intake screen. They're all but gone at this point😡

I reacted with a laugh, then I read the next comment about yours possibly being done...How am I supposed to react? lol. I'm so confused.

Well folks, the deadline is in a few days here, I know I need to get my camera battery charged and take those pics too. And don't forget Jeff may have some replacements for certain mishaps that may have taken place. I find it odd that a few did not open, I made sure to dip mine and then it looked happy  the next day. Like Kim said it can take a few days to weeks to get some zoas to bounce back, so don't give up the fight.

Oh, and one more thing, as long as there are no objections we have added a last minute contestant to the game,  The DSBlack, I feel the more the merrier... So I sure hope Kim and Jtarmitage can get to Cuttlefish And Corals soon and get back in on this.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2018 at 5:11 PM, badxgillen said:

Well folks, the deadline is in a few days here, I know I need to get my camera battery charged and take those pics too. And don't forget Jeff may have some replacements for certain mishaps that may have taken place. I find it odd that a few did not open, I made sure to dip mine and then it looked happy  the next day. Like Kim said it can take a few days to weeks to get some zoas to bounce back, so don't give up the fight.

Oh, and one more thing, as long as there are no objections we have added a last minute contestant to the game,  The DSBlack, I feel the more the merrier... So I sure hope Kim and Jtarmitage can get to Cuttlefish And Corals soon and get back in on this.

I've got no objections to last minute contestants. I'm not expecting to win since I'm not a zoa pro. lol. I'm mostly looking forward to the comparison between the wide variety of set ups and see how each one grows zoa frags.

• Like 1