Official CNC Zoanthid Grow Out Thread

Tonight at midnight is the last entry time...Here is mine, slipping in at the last minute.

I actually have some growth, although they are not open, there are like 12 polyps now so almost double from he start. Almost as good as some of the other contestants here.

CNC grow out 3.jpg

• Like 2

Waited for the last minute as well. Mine haven’t opened all week. Keep thinking they will open for me so that I can get a good shot. Alas they have stayed closed. Looks like 10 heads but hard to count with them so closed in. b4997fcb979beed7c936592504c0d6b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 8:00 PM, badxgillen said:

Tonight at midnight is the last entry time...Here is mine, slipping in at the last minute.

I actually have some growth, although they are not open, there are like 12 polyps now so almost double from he start. Almost as good as some of the other contestants here.

CNC grow out 3.jpg

Lol! Nice growth! I'd have about the same amount if I never bought that stupid emerald crab! lol.

That is correct, ONE more month to go! 

Then I am taking mine off the plug and mounting it to a rock and switching tanks... This Zoa has been very tempermental with me. Maybe one of youk nows the secret to keeping all the polyps open and would like to share?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

Then I am taking mine off the plug and mounting it to a rock and switching tanks... This Zoa has been very tempermental with me. Maybe one of youk nows the secret to keeping all the polyps open and would like to share?

I think they are just one of those zoas that's very touchy when fragged. Mine is doing well but the minute I say that it will probably close up and die lol.  Mine seems to do better in a lower light flow area in my tank.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, badxgillen said:

Mine were closed a bit in the very beginning but have been open ever since.   I haven't moved my plug but 1 time and that was to put a bigger disk under the original plug.  I would say mine are in moderate light with moderate flow.  Other than that I can't help you bert.  Now on the other hand I have some hyper jubilee's that are a little ticked off at the moment but it's only 1 half of my colony, most be something irratating them.

• Like 1

Not sure what y’all are using to take pics but if you’re like me you only have your phone because I’m cheap lol, I recently purchased aquarium cam and it made a huge difference! Now the photos look just like I see them and it was developed by a fellow reefer too, I added a pic to my last check in entry using the app and was really impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ended with 7. Would be 9 or 10 if not for my mistake of an emerald crab. Lol. Love the colors of it though. It did seem to grow a lot better once I glued down the flappy end of it so it would attach to the plug. Good luck everyone! 

20180721_210117.jpg

Here is mine. I count 10 or 11 (some of them closed when I was taking the picture )C699A4CF-56B4-48EA-AD6A-DE5F0A5FA251.jpegDD0F49DB-CEE1-4BDF-AC06-EFADEB409470.jpegbut I will let you decide the final tally Bert. I wasn’t competing for prizes only bragging rights and :peace: I am pretty sure regardless that there are others out there that completely smoked me! 

Thanks BadxGillen for running this! This was a lot of fun! Thanks Cuttlefish for the good deal on the colony.  We have some great prizes for all of you master zoa people !