Question about selling...

Micah

I have a shload of smaller items and I'm sure as crap not going to sit here and list them out.  I know the rules for this forum (hell, I posted them years ago), but... How the heck should I proceed?  I'm in no position to know how much this stuff is worth as I've been out of the loop for a while.  

A lot of it is heaters, plumbing, small pumps, etc.  

@admins/mods,  thoughts?

--Micah

Typically in those situations people just sell in bulk and just take a picture. Like a box of plumbing parts or pumps.  I got a box of pumps that way in the past and they have come in handy for emergency situations. 

Heaters I have seen people just count how many and then a blanket price of like 5 dollars.

Also you could post the bigger ticket items and when people come over you can offer just a bulk price. 

You aren’t going to get nearly what you paid for but it motivates people to “pay you to clean out your garage”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Micah said:

Yeah, I'm aware of "hobby resale value" I just dont want to make a "I don't know, you tell me" post and have it taken down because I didn't follow the letter of the law.

It also helps to just look at other sale threads on other forums to get an idea of price but you are correct if you just list a bunch of stuff with no prices your post would get removed.  

The post a price rule is pretty standard on most forums and was a rule here way before my time.

I think Craigslist and some of the Facebook forums  have more lax rules but I am not sure.

Another suggestion would be to just start with a few things.

Good luck!