Hello there Everyone

Salted_Waffles

Hello Everyone!

My name is Waffles and I’m new here and to reefing in general. I started with an Evo 13g last April and recently upgraded to a C-Vue 26g. Things have been going well so far. Some losses here and there but overall I’ve been happy with my progress.

I joined because I would like to have more interaction with local reefers and the community. Frag swaps and meet ups sound like tons of fun to me. 

If you have Instagram you can find me @Salted_Waffles. Here’s a list of my setup.

C-Vue 26g from Cobalt Aquatics

2 AI Prime Hd’s

Icap K1 nano skimmer

Syncra Silent 1.0 return pump

Innovative Marine Spinstream Return.

Hydor 240 powerhead

Hydor 550 powerhead

Hydor Smart Wave Controller

Tunze Osmolator ATO

150W Cobalt Neotherm Heater 

I look forward to becoming a part of PNW reefing community.

Thanks,

Waffles

1818A6C3-5422-46FC-82AC-4D2FB81E8205.jpeg

87462A79-BC68-4DC4-A3CA-1B5AA2E20586.jpeg

Edited by Salted_Waffles
  • Like 1

Welcome Waffles, your tank is looking awesome. If you are not busy tomorrow between 3-5 then come to the April meeting/ BBQ at Cuttlefish and Coral. This will be my first meeting.  I’ve kept fish since I was a kid. Couldn’t have furry animals because of asthma so fell in love with fish. My current tank is a 30 gal mixed reef

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wantanewtank said:

Welcome Waffles, your tank is looking awesome. If you are not busy tomorrow between 3-5 then come to the April meeting/ BBQ at Cuttlefish and Coral. This will be my first meeting.  I’ve kept fish since I was a kid. Couldn’t have furry animals because of asthma so fell in love with fish. My current tank is a 30 gal mixed reef

Thanks. Unfortunately I’m going to go look at a house to possible rent tomorrow. I can’t afford the 4 hr round trip plus time spent there in my schedule. Hope you have a great time at your first meeting.

3 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Welcome waffles ! I love the name!

You should totally come to the Meeting tomorrow. There will be lots of people , corals, Fish, food and fun! Nice looking tank! I’m a fan of the nanos!

I wish I could since that was the whole logic behind joining, to meet fellow hobbyists. 

How often are there meet ups like this? Maybe I can plan for the next one. 

Just now, Salted_Waffles said:

Thanks. Unfortunately I’m going to go look at a house to possible rent tomorrow. I can’t afford the 4 hr round trip plus time spent there in my schedule. Hope you have a great time at your first meeting.

I wish I could since that was the whole logic behind joining, to meet fellow hobbyists. 

We have them every month except November.

The next one will be at Golden Basket May 12.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure they have a meeting on a monthly basis. They have them in different areas of the Portland area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Welcome!  Great looking tank - clearly have been having some nice success. Sorry you can’t make this month’s meeting but as others have noted we typically have them monthly and try to include some locations both north and south of PDX so that our members there are more likely able to attend. Keep an eye out and hopefully you will be able to find one that fits your schedule.

• Like 1