Methods for moving Large Tank

Kevman

So I am looking at a Move of my 300gl into my house from the Garage to in the house.

i can get it in the house since it is on rollers. 

But how in the heck are you guys lifting these massive 500lb to 1000lb Tanks

i know there lifting parties 🎉!!! Food, Drink, make a day of it.....

but what if you live remotely and need to do it yourself.???

your input is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

You make a thread asking about what time people can come over and what you're going to bribe them with instead of hypothetically how they would do it!  :enthralled::joking::highfive::peace: 

In all due seriousness, people in this club are awesome about this sort of thing.  @Ron Has more experience moving large tanks than most that I've talked to about the matter.  He might have some more literal suggestions.  Failing that, there's plenty of 'big-game' reefers here that have had to do it.  I hear you though, my 140G display was a beast to get up the stairs, if not on to the stand.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, youcallmenny said:

You make a thread asking about what time people can come over and what you're going to bribe them with instead of hypothetically how they would do it!  :enthralled::joking::highfive::peace: 

In all due seriousness, people in this club are awesome about this sort of thing.  @Ron Has more experience moving large tanks than most that I've talked to about the matter.  He might have some more literal suggestions.  Failing that, there's plenty of 'big-game' reefers here that have had to do it.  I hear you though, my 140G display was a beast to get up the stairs, if not on to the stand.  

Well that wasn’t my intention! I really am just looking to find if anyone knows where to rent a hydrolic lift like used on the show TANKED. 

Or something similar . 🧐

• Haha 2

Couple guys an some good communication :) 

I've moved my 300 a few times and it normally turns into just 2 of us doing the main lifting an the other guys as spotters.

I pulled a 210 and 2 180s out of a basement last year and it was pretty much the same thing, 2 with hands on and another guy for backup.

21 hours ago, Kevman said:

Well that wasn’t my intention! I really am just looking to find if anyone knows where to rent a hydrolic lift like used on the show TANKED. 

Or something similar . 🧐

I gotch'yer hydrolic lifts right here!  *flexes* :joking:

Really though, I know that wasn't your intention but that'd likely be the end of your dilemma. 

• Haha 1

I gotch'yer hydrolic lifts right here!  *flexes* :joking:
Really though, I know that wasn't your intention but that'd likely be the end of your dilemma. 

Lol.... that’s awesome! I’ll tell you , if that is what it comes too z I would much rather get some good people over and have a good time at the same time with some food and drink!!
I love this group of people,,,can’t wait to see you all later today at CnC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I had to move my 3/4" 6'x3' tank about 80 yards from the driveway to living room. Based on a lot of things, but mostly the cost of the tank, I called some movers.

Six guys showed up and about 15 minutes later and a bunch of "mother of god, this is heavys!!" It was done.

Cost me $200. figured pizza and beer would be $100. Plus back surgery....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I had to move my 3/4" 6'x3' tank about 80 yards from the driveway to living room. Based on a lot of things, but mostly the cost of the tank, I called some movers.

Six guys showed up and about 15 minutes later and a bunch of "mother of god, this is heavys!!" It was done.

Cost me $200. figured pizza and beer would be $100. Plus back surgery....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yea I hired a moving company to get it from Canby to my home here in Cornelius! 

Lets say it was not cheap...5 guys , 2 hrs.💰 💴 💰 ...

its also 3/4inch glass with 1inch rim on top.

• 2 weeks later...