Noob here, but not a Noober

Huntero1975

Hey all, I am Hunter,

I live in Albany,

Just moved to the area in the last 7-8 months, came from Tn just outside Nashville, had reef tanks there, Was in Seattle before that with reef tanks as well..

I have had salt water tanks on and off for about 10-13 years now.

Current setup is a 29biocube, with home made skimmer, intake media rack and 18watt uv light, and a pair of mp10's and maxspec Led lighting it up. I was lucky enough to get a tank full of goodies from a friend in Seattle that had one of my old tanks that was no longer wanted so I went and got it.I gifted that tank to another local here in Albany.  So here I am now.fishtank!!!!.thumb.JPG.8466f8922afeac7b1e735bf3665cced4.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome - sweet looking little tank!  I like the high contrast that sand gives you.  Several people on the forum from down your way so I'm sure you will find some other reefers to hand with down there.  Hopefully you will be able to make it to one of the meetings in the future and start putting faces to names.

Welcome to the forum Hunter! I think we talked in Facebook awhile back. Great to see another Albany Reefer! You should definetly make the meeting! I would offer to drive you up but I’m gonna be running a little behind on Sunday 

Great looking tank! Welcome to the forum ! You have managed to squeeze a lot of lps and anemone goodness in a small space! The struggle is real!  I like how the black sand makes the colors really pop ! Maybe you can pick up a new tank at the meeting ! 😀 Glad you can make it! It’s gonna be one awesome meeting !

1 hour ago, Huntero1975 said:

Thanks man. Yes I got the green light so I will be heading up Sunday. 

Yes it’s always nice to have fellow reefers near by. 

Glad you will be able to make it - should be a blast and well attended so plenty of opportunity.to meet some of the club.  If you head up early you can hit some of the other local shops as well. Check out the sponsor page if you haven’t already - several quality shops on there that are worth a visit.