The dangers we face are finally made known

Zoolander

I saw this too. Yeah, don't scrub rocks that have palys or zoas on them.  The last incident that was in the news from Australia was from the same type of "cleaning".

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/family-of-six-hospitalised-after-being-overwhelmed-by-noxious-gases-at-aldinga-beach-home/news-story/753f3fd0e771f6830748f47cdcee791a

Edited by cjmdh

Can you clean rock that’s been dry for 5 years with dead palys on it. Just wondering I have about 6 pieces of rock in a bucket and was thinking about cleaning it to use again.

Edited by coyote
Spelling

37 minutes ago, coyote said:

Can you clean rock that’s been dry for 5 years with dead palys on it. Just wondering I have about 6 pieces of rock in a bucket and was thinking about cleaning it to use again.

This might give you some insight, but I personally have no idea

https://reefbuilders.com/2018/03/13/palytoxin-nearly-killed-my-family-and-pets/

I spoke to a man in Tigard a couple week ago that was fighting what he thought was a zoa toxin after fragging some zoas.  He had been in the hospital a couple times

already and then had his eye rupture.   Evidently this can be really a serious situation.  He said he was getting out of the hobby completely.  I would be unlikely to 

want to frag zoas without someones help that was really experienced.

From what I have read, bleach will neutralize palytoxin.  I have a few rocks with protopalys on the which are the most toxic and I plan on soaking them in bleach and then I'm going to throw them away or bury them.