April Meeting At Cuttle Fish and Coral!!

Emerald525

11 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Your tank is looking pretty bare. I will look around and see what I have left. To donate. 

@spectra in case you missed this.

I think I posted in the thread but no response?

I can bring some branching GSP and see what zoas I have floating around the tank........they just fall off the rocks :laugh:

Omg!!:nooo: That was hands down the record for most attended meeting and @jtarmitage you were a winner as you scored the mushroom I was wanting! Dibs on the first baby it has ! 

It was wall to wall people !! Whoa!! I was boxed in a few times !

First time ever for a keg and Boneyard at that !! :clap:

We even had a visit from @goldenbasketreef the Coral godfather himself Rudy!

@Bubbles Thanks for your help with the sound system and what an amazing one it was ! I know who to call for an event now !

Shout our to @spectra for all the hard work with the food!!

@albertareef and @Gil&Fin for the help with the rock flowers and the group buys.

@Flashy Fins for help with the raffles!

@Jack-the-reefer for bagging all those inverts 

@badxgillen and @Lexinverts and @Jorge for clean up !!

And last but not least @CuttleFishandCoral for giving back!  In case you were wondering most of the group buys were at Jeff’s cost. Thanks for the generosity!!It was a blast collaborating with you on this !  :drinking: We are both crazy enough to shoot for the moon to make this most epic meeting happen! I said controlled mayhem and that’s exactly what we had !!! Thanks all for attending !! 

• Like 9

Yeah - that was wall to wall reefers today.  Jeff went way out of his way to make this event one to remember and it was certainly that.  BBQ, multiple group buys, grow out comps, raffle and lots of killer livestock.  Jeff's team was rocking as well and put in a ton of work... including all the online auctions leading up to the event.  I have a feeling it's going to be a while before we top today's meeting.  If you missed out though, don't worry - we will be back at it next month!!! (exhausted just thinking about it)

• Like 4

Omg!!:nooo: That was hands down the record for most attended meeting and [mention=16235]jtarmitage[/mention] you were a winner as you scored the mushroom I was wanting! Dibs on the first baby it has ! 
It was wall to wall people !! Whoa!! I was boxed in a few times !
First time ever for a keg and Boneyard at that !! :clap:
We even had a visit from [mention=15289]goldenbasketreef[/mention] the Coral godfather himself Rudy!
[mention=16328]Bubbles[/mention] Thanks for your help with the sound system and what an amazing one it was ! I know who to call for an event now !
Shout our to [mention=13132]spectra[/mention] for all the hard work with the food!!
[mention=13130]albertareef[/mention] and [mention=15555]Gil&Fin[/mention] for the help with the rock flowers and the group buys.
[mention=15350]Flashy Fins[/mention] for help with the raffles!
[mention=15270]Jack-the-reefer[/mention] for bagging all those inverts 
[mention=14094]badxgillen[/mention] and [mention=15340]Lexinverts[/mention] and [mention=15236]Jorge[/mention] for clean up !!

And last but not least [mention=15008]CuttleFishandCoral[/mention] for giving back!  In case you were wondering most of the group buys were at Jeff’s cost. Thanks for the generosity!!It was a blast collaborating with you on this !  :drinking: We are both crazy enough to shoot for the moon to make this most epic meeting happen! I said controlled mayhem and that’s exactly what we had !!! Thanks all for attending !! 

Amazing meeting today! Thanks to all of you that worked so hard to make it happen! You guys did an awesome job. Thanks Jeff for hosting an unbelievable event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

So many people pitched in to help.  I want to add @Paratore Cody was right there stepping up to help me with the coral group buys and grow out contest frags.  Cody is the guy who won the grand prize light.  I guess it was good karma at work.  Also, a ton of people brought food!  It was quite a spread.

Behind the scenes @reefnjunkie Brad and Chris @Snarkywere bagging and fragging.

And...let us not forget...OUR AMAZING PRESIDENT, KIM @Emerald525:YayWave:She worked right beside Jeff @CuttleFishandCoralto make this an unforgettable meeting.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

So many people pitched in to help.  I want to add @Paratore Cody was right there stepping up to help me with the coral group buys and grow out contest frags.  Cody is the guy who won the grand prize light.  I guess it was good karma at work.  Also, a ton of people brought food!  It was quite a spread.

Behind the scenes @reefnjunkie Brad and Chris @Snarkywere bagging and fragging.

And...let us not forget...OUR AMAZING PRESIDENT, KIM @Emerald525:YayWave:She worked right beside Jeff @CuttleFishandCoralto make this an unforgettable meeting.  

Thanks for adding people. I knew I missed a few. I honestly couldn't see everyone who was helping with the wall to wall people. Sometimes being short can be a curse LOL. At one point R-3 pointed out that my snails were at the top of the invert tank because I was too short to see it. Thanks @R-3! Yes thanks @reefnjunkie for covering the SPS group buy. I knew I could just leave that one to you and you would handle that like a pro. Thanks all of the members who also just chipped in with clean up!

This is definitely a meeting that is going to be hard to top and was legendary!

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Thanks for adding people. I knew I missed a few. I honestly couldn't see everyone who was helping with the wall to wall people. Sometimes being short can be a curse LOL. At one point R-3 pointed out that my snails were at the top of the invert tank because I was too short to see it. Thanks @R-3! Yes thanks @reefnjunkie for covering the SPS group buy. I knew I could just leave that one to you and you would handle that like a pro. Thanks all of the members who also just chipped in with clean up!

This is definitely a meeting that is going to be hard to top and was legendary!

Ha ha @Emerald525 no problem! 

I was honestly amazed how smoothly everything went for as much that was going on. Great job everyone involved!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, R-3 said:

Ha ha @Emerald525 no problem! 

I was honestly amazed how smoothly everything went for as much that was going on. Great job everyone involved!

LOL it sucks to be short sometimes. I can't even reach the top bin of the invert tank!

It did go very smoothly and that's because Jeff is a top notch owner with a great staff of people.  I am also lucky to have some great board members and officers who just take charge without much direction and also just as important is we have great members like you who were willing to also just step up and take charge and help out. The also nice thing is that everyone was just chill and patient. When there was an issue (like not getting the square reader to work...:wife:)  everyone was so patient and understanding. Sorry we ran out of water too. Normally I end up bringing a case and having to lug half of it back. I was not expecting that big of a turnout. 

This turned out so well because of everyone involved and I'm still happy from all the positive energy! :clap::peace:

PS (thanks all of you who finished all my bottled beer in the cooler.. :drinking:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

LOL it sucks to be short sometimes. I can't even reach the top bin of the invert tank!

It did go very smoothly and that's because Jeff is a top notch owner with a great staff of people.  I am also lucky to have some great board members and officers who just take charge without much direction and also just as important is we have great members like you who were willing to also just step up and take charge and help out. The also nice thing is that everyone was just chill and patient. When there was an issue (like not getting the square reader to work...:wife:)  everyone was so patient and understanding. Sorry we ran out of water too. Normally I end up bringing a case and having to lug half of it back. I was not expecting that big of a turnout. 

This turned out so well because of everyone involved and I'm still happy from all the positive energy! :clap::peace:

PS (thanks all of you who finished all my bottled beer in the cooler.. :drinking:)

Well... I have to fess up to actually helping out with the beer.  By the time I got a chance to grab a drink it was the only thing left!  (Thanks Kim!)

• Haha 2

Whoever made that pan of brownies deserves their own special thanks, because mmmmmm!

And special thanks to Scott for whipping up some bacon for this picky eater! :clap:

I pretty much never fill my plate at potluck gatherings, but I did at this one. Thanks to all who brought something to share!

• Like 3

I wanted to thank Kim for all of the hard work on the meeting.  It was a lot of fun and the group buys and grow outs will be lots of

fun in the future as they start blossoming.   Special thanks for the zoa frag that you brought for me and the dosing pump.  I will bring

you a frag some time in the near future.  Thanks again :)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sroberts said:

I wanted to thank Kim for all of the hard work on the meeting.  It was a lot of fun and the group buys and grow outs will be lots of

fun in the future as they start blossoming.   Special thanks for the zoa frag that you brought for me and the dosing pump.  I will bring

you a frag some time in the near future.  Thanks again :)

I hope the dosing pump works for you. To be honest I got in trade years ago so I have never actually used it or tried it so I wouldn't have felt right selling it. The BRS pumps are usually pretty reliable though and free is a good price! But if it doesn't work, I will give you your money back! ;).   I hope you enjoy the frag ! All the ones I gave out were some of my favorites in the tank! And the group buys went well and I did get some ideas of how to make it work even better! I imagine Kai, Sean and Holly had pruney fingers in the end with their hands being in water constantly!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

And special thanks to Scott for whipping up some bacon for this picky eater! :clap:

Special Thanks to Scott for missing most of the meeting to keep burgers and dogs on the grill for everyone to eat!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Exodus said:

Special Thanks to Scott for missing most of the meeting to keep burgers and dogs on the grill for everyone to eat!

Agreed and that’s not even counting all the prep work he did.  Scott’s a hard worker and an amazing asset to this club! I’m glad he won the gift certificates to Cuttlefish!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Emerald525 said:

Agreed and that’s not even counting all the prep work he did.  Scott’s a hard worker and an amazing asset to this club! I’m glad he won the gift certificates to Cuttlefish!

Second (or is it third?) that big time!  So glad Scott has been extremely generous with his time helping out on these events - it makes a huge difference. Definitely some karmic payback with those gift certificate wins! (Use them wisely😁) @spectra

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1