Back at it... RSR 170 to 350 to WB 190.5

Krux

The deal with the wife was she got to pick the fish.

I am happy to report that Lil Wayne has made it through his first 72 hours and is eating voraciously!

IMG_4314.jpg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Krux said:

The deal with the wife was she got to pick the fish.

I am happy to report that Lil Wayne has made it through his first 72 hours and is eating voraciously!

IMG_4314.jpg

Lil Wayne...lol! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, got a few more pieces of equipment together.  A day will come when I get this all unpacked, hooked up, programmed, and the tank becomes fully automated... today is not that day.

Time to start working on building a control board...

IMG_4376.jpg

• Like 1

I am sad to report that Lil Wayne lost the epic rap battle with RZA sometime today and decided to move on to new turf... the carpet.  Seems I need to accelerate my plans to get the screen top constructed for the tank.

• Sad 1

Got the Radion set up today, dang this thing is bright, even at 50%

Happy to get away from FOWTL (fish only with track lights) and on the way to reefing!

On another note, I can't get a reasonable photo of the tank with the settings on CorallabAB, I think I need to find an iPhone app that has a white balance feature.  Any suggestions?  I would prefer to not need to use photoshop every time I want to post a photo... I know gel filters are an option, but there has to be an app for that!

Right now I get blue potato when this looks more like a 14k color in person.

IMG_4428.jpg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Krux said:

Got the Radion set up today, dang this thing is bright, even at 50%

Happy to get away from FOWTL (fish only with track lights) and on the way to reefing!

On another note, I can't get a reasonable photo of the tank with the settings on CorallabAB, I think I need to find an iPhone app that has a white balance feature.  Any suggestions?  I would prefer to not need to use photoshop every time I want to post a photo... I know gel filters are an option, but there has to be an app for that!

Right now I get blue potato when this looks more like a 14k color in person.

IMG_4428.jpg

Yeah picture taking is an art anymore with Leds. Rock work looks bad [language filter] though! Can’t wait to see this thing full. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nrc said:

Welcome back Krux.    I've also been offline for ~12 or so years.   You helped me out back in '05 when I was setting up my first tank.    Glad to see you back online.

Nate

Thanks Nate, good to be back again and still recognize some folks!

1 hour ago, R-3 said:

Yeah picture taking is an art anymore with Leds. Rock work looks bad [language filter] though! Can’t wait to see this thing full. 

I picked up a tiny hammer today to “test the waters” on how the tank is maturing.

If all goes well I should be ready to start stocking in June.

• Like 1

Going to try to get a new beat going, GZA (snowflake #3) joins RZA, Method Man, and Ghostface Killah, hopefully he gets featured and let him join the Clan.

Photo shoot tomorrow.

Also, is anyone experienced building Apex control cabinets?  This pasta buffet of wires and cords cannot stand, and doesn't even have the Ecotech drivers in the way. 

Life goal #847: get this fixed before Trident hits.

IMG_4438.jpg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 2

A minor victory, after hours cursing the miter box and saw I got the screen top completed.

If someone has a chop saw with a fine tooth blade they could make a killing as a side business buying these kits and cutting them for people, I would have easily paid 30 bucks to have someone save me all the time cutting and deburring the aluminum.

The wave in the netting bothers me, and I need to shorten a piece by about 3mm, so at some point I will take it apart and fix the thing, but for now I will drink beer.

IMG_4445(1).jpg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

Looks really good!  I used a pvc cutter on mine.  Worked pretty well.  Mines a little wavy too but I'm not sure I'm going to make it better because it's just too big. 

You cut the aluminum frame with a pvc cutter?  I would have never guessed that would work!

On 5/15/2018 at 11:17 PM, Krux said:

Going to try to get a new beat going, GZA (snowflake #3) joins RZA, Method Man, and Ghostface Killah, hopefully he gets featured and let him join the Clan.

Photo shoot tomorrow.

Also, is anyone experienced building Apex control cabinets?  This pasta buffet of wires and cords cannot stand, and doesn't even have the Ecotech drivers in the way. 

Life goal #847: get this fixed before Trident hits.

IMG_4438.jpg

@Exodus has a bad [language filter] control panel for his Apex setup. Hopefully he chimes in

5 hours ago, R-3 said:

@Exodus has a bad [language filter] control panel for his Apex setup. Hopefully he chimes in

Thanks for the compliments, but my setup was designed specifically for my tank and setup not to mention I'm using an Apex classic opposed to the '16 with EB32, and the bulk of the setup appears to be the DOS & DDR.

If looking for inspiring Ideas I would checkout the Neptune Apex Community Forums under the Sub Category of "Mounting/Installation there are some threads with filled with people posting their organized setups.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Thanks for the compliments, but my setup was designed specifically for my tank and setup not to mention I'm using an Apex classic opposed to the '16 with EB32, and the bulk of the setup appears to be the DOS & DDR.

If looking for inspiring Ideas I would checkout the Neptune Apex Community Forums under the Sub Category of "Mounting/Installation there are some threads with filled with people posting their organized setups.

My real question is, who did you get to make that sweet cabinet for you?  I can work on a layout that will work, but the construction is beyond my hand tools.