Back at it... RSR 170 to 350 to WB 190.5

Krux

After over a decade dry, the adventure begins again.

Red Sea Reefer 170

Ecotech Vectra S1

Nyos 120 or Deltec 1351

XR30 PRO or XR15 PRO

Vortech MP10W

Apex 2016

One or two Ecotech battery backups

Let's see how this goes.... starting with the tank and pump, more to follow as the cycle is underway.

R1

IMG_4198.jpg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 8

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Nyos arrives tomorrow, grabbing some rock from another old-timer (RainbowCorals) later tonight, hopefully the water will clear in the next day or so.

Thanks to the CnC crew for hooking me up with salt right before they closed last night!

54377203750__491B72DA-30DA-438A-B319-B099CB092E46.JPG

Edited by Krux
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chewie said:

Jim is still around? That's awesome! PM me his info! 

As a real blast from the past, Oregon Reef and I are having lunch tomorrow.  Trying to get the band back together!

7 hours ago, Krux said:

As a real blast from the past, Oregon Reef and I are having lunch tomorrow.  Trying to get the band back together!

Oh man. That would be awesome to see Steve with a setup again....we can all dream

15 minutes ago, Krux said:

Not sure how big of a tank Jim thought I have, but here are some gigantor rocks, probably 40#.

IMG_4204.jpg

That one on the right might be good enough by itself! 

• Haha 1

Nothing too exciting this week, tank cycling.  I heard that fish get chilly, picked up a heater for them.  Also some fancy schmancy test kit action, looking at starting to run tests next week.

Is there anyone that wants to talk me out of the Apex ATO?  I have seen a few mixed reviews, most folks say the Tunze is rock solid, but I am migrating toward the Apex ecosystem.  Before I pull the trigger I was hoping to hear of a local horror story.

At any rate, thanks for watching.

IMG_4237.jpg

Nothing too exciting this week, tank cycling.  I heard that fish get chilly, picked up a heater for them.  Also some fancy schmancy test kit action, looking at starting to run tests next week.

Is there anyone that wants to talk me out of the Apex ATO?  I have seen a few mixed reviews, most folks say the Tunze is rock solid, but I am migrating toward the Apex ecosystem.  Before I pull the trigger I was hoping to hear of a local horror story.

At any rate, thanks for watching.
IMG_4237.thumb.jpg.e7c6d5d4e90c2dffc89a11d1894ca9a6.jpg

The Tunze is the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But can the Tunze send me text messages to refill my reservoir or if it is running non-stop through my Apex? 

That is the main feature of the ATK that I was looking at.

I need to be able to tell my tank sitter what to fix while I am traveling, tank sitter being my brother who knows nothing about aquariums.

Update for the day:

Finally got my RODI fully working, plumbed, and flushed out, getting zero now.  I've never had a 150gpd unit before, this thing cranks out the water!

I am looking at building a small mixing station, going to keep it at around 5 gallons as that is about all I would ever need to have on hand.

Does anyone have any inspiration for a setup?  I have seen some really cool ones centered around 60+ gallon water tanks, that is a bit above what my needs will be.

Expecting a package in the mail tomorrow, hopefully more updates to come.

On a side note, anyone have an extra boring old mushroom or a chunk of gsp that they can bring to the meeting?  Want to throw something hardy in and see how it reacts to the water parameters.   Absolutely not interested in anything delicate, valuable, rare, or otherwise desirable... good chance this test subject will perish.  TIA

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Taylorhardy1 said:

I have a few random small sps pieces I've accidentally broken off laying on my sandbed I can bring to the meeting, yours free. If you wanna try your hand at some sps that is. 

I appreciate the offer, but the tank is only two weeks old, not a chance they would make it yet, looking for some dirty water corals!  So many thanks though for the offer!

I’m getting my Apex ATO rolling now. Had some issues getting the programming dialed but seems to be working well after a few weeks of tweeking the programming and set-up. I like it but was not “plug and play” as some say. We’ll see how it performs long term. 

• Like 1

Running Apex package... the problem I had is my resevoir (when full) would create a siphon. When I first set it up I used the anti siphon fitting they provided and the standard programming. The anti siphon fitting reduced the pump input so drastically that the standard 5:00 minutes on pump mode was not enough to keep up with my evaporation over a day. Changed my ato input into tank so there is no siphon, increased the 5:00 on to minutes to 15:00 minutes on and seems good to go. Working on setting up high/low resovoir notifications now.

• Like 1